OBS Voicemeeter

OBS Voicemeeter 1.0.0

Andersama

@I3ordo @ryantheleach @n3v3rm1nd Going back through my code I think I've sorted out all of your guys issues. I'll have a release soon for v24. I've added a menu with start / restart functionality in the event the audio engine does not kick in / you don't already have voicemeeter open. I've rewritten plugin so it won't disable itself if it fails the initial setup. Then if I understood @vburel correctly I've added an asynchronous function that performs a restart for that particular command.

Cross fingers this works for all of you.

As for the staticy audio, I can't say for certain the cause, I unfortunately have a device that randomly does that and it requires me adjusting the buffer size for the hardware device, that on my end fixes it. If not that, then usually restarting the audio engine in VM takes care of it. It's also possible that as mentioned the audio thread can't keep up. I do have a dedicated thread for each source though, if there's issues with that I'll have to redesign it later.

therealdadbeard

Man that reset button is nice. Helps a lot. Only thing is, and I don'T know if I'm going crazy, but when using this against ASIO and monitoring myself at 96buffer it seems when this hooks I get a super small delay there. Like 1ms or something.

I can really hear it. Can someone confirm me?

Edit: Just tried holding a note and starting OBS with it I can how it echoes more from my own voice which means the delay is bigger.

Andersama

To be honest I didn't really bother to compare the voicemeeter plugin vs asio in terms of delay, but if you're comparing old vs new version I'd be confused if there were a difference, I just added menu options.

therealdadbeard

To be honest I didn't really bother to compare the voicemeeter plugin vs asio in terms of delay, but if you're comparing old vs new version I'd be confused if there were a difference, I just added menu options.

Sorry the delay was there since I found this plugin, even in older versions. Idk if it's they way VB-Audio lets you hook into it or something else as I'm using their Insert with an DAW and there are no latency issues.

I can only say ASIO is better in terms of latency but the Voicemeeter one gives you a slight edge in audio quality as it intercepts right where Voicemeeter sends it away.

But as I'm monitoring myself I need the better latency.

I3ordo

I cant make the newer version work on any of the OBS version i have... how did guys even manage to use the newer one, the voicemeeter source does not even appear as a source here...

I3ordo

update:
i finally (with the help of a friend)found out why the newer version 1.0 of this plugin work on obs, the problem was the lack of latest visual runtime studio.
If you don't have it , the plugin wont appear as a source also the log file will say it cant find the voicemeeter.dll in the OBS log...
so anyways, still glad i can finally use the newer version.

I3ordo

with newer version, if you try to go to properties of an existing audio input source, this crash occurs consistently. third crash in a row.

problem does not occur with newly created voicemeeter sources, only the ones created by the older one.

this newer version does indeed crash also with newly created source, try creating a new voicemeeter source and change mode to "main" from input... you get this.

here is another repeateable crash, fresh OBS copy 25.0.8 , Voicemeeter 1.0.1.0 (3.0.1.3 latest does it too)
Add a voicemeeter source and try to use it on Voicemeeter Main mode

another crash from another day
i am just reverting to v0.1

Last edited:

ball2hi

I'm not sure how to get this to work. I can't get a separate dock for Voicemeeter like in the earlier pictures posted in this thread.

EDIT: Nvm, I see what I missed. I didn't know I had to add something as a source? Guess I'll have to look into how to use this and VM because I'd love to get a stream with game+music audio but have my recordings be no-music.

Last edited:

BillyJBryant

I'm using this plugin currently; however, I recently had an issue come up where the plugin detects the audio (IE I can see the audio levels changing in OBS) but the sound doesn't make it to the Stream or Recordings.

Not sure what happened. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I3ordo

anyone having difficulties with version 1.0 which i had zero luck with, we can just use the initial release which is very handy for, having multiple sources of the audio, ability to pick single channels of mics, have ducked audio along with RAW audio (where the chat's activity does not affect the game's volume)

this is a great plugin but idk why it s not getting any love at all...

HaunterHero

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people working on this plugin anymore since the last update was years ago
but it's now broken in OBS 28. Unless it get's updated for it, you'll have to either try something else or rollback to a build of OBS 27. This plugin is open source but I'm no programmer for sure.

CS Murphy

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people working on this plugin anymore since the last update was years ago
but it's now broken in OBS 28. Unless it get's updated for it, you'll have to either try something else or rollback to a build of OBS 27. This plugin is open source but I'm no programmer for sure.
I use the same plugin to bring audio from Cubase into OBS and haven't been able to live stream my music. No one seems to have any information as I check everyday.

smite

Yep, haven't been able to get this to work as of OBS 28. Normal VA Cables don't work because I'm trying to merge an output and input device into one. Real nice plugin for solving that sort of thing. For now, my solution is to use OBS' audio mixer and push to a specific track.