Question / Help OBS Voicemeeter Banana Issue

Zorikune

Hello there, new to the forums. I came on here hoping to fix a problem that has been occurring with OBS and Voicemeeter Banana.

So after installing the Virtual Audio Cable and Voicemeeter Banana, I set everything up on OBS to separate my discord audio in its own track for local recording when I play games for my friends. Now it works just fine...till I either restart the computer or don't do anything on it for a while. After that the discord audio goes back into the desktop audio track and no matter what output I set on discord, I can always hear it and it'll show on OBS in the desktop audio track, forcing me to uninstall Voicemeeter Banana, restart computer, reinstall it, and then restart again, ending as a temporary fix.

My question is if anyone else has had this issue and if so, any way of fixing it so I don't have to do this every time I start up my computer.

Narcogen

Yes, I also see this. Windows seems to decide for itself what your default device is at startup, even if you set it to something else last time. It even seems to change devices if you make any changes while running, like plugging in a new device.