Resource icon

OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4

OBS_FTW

Well, what i can say from my own experience is that OBS's built-in Virtual Camera seems to obey the 5:4 resolution that can be used on Omegle, and that the picture filled the whole frame, i.e. no horizontal/vertical bars.

Unfortunately i need an additional virtual camera (which OBS doesn't support). The available plugins that support multiple virtual cameras have forced 16:9 Aspect Ratio issues... I'm still hoping OBS will implement support for multiple virtual cams, but I'm not sure if they see the usefulness/importance in it =/

OBS_FTW

Well, this is very strange. At first the 5:4 aspect ratio seemed to work, but later on, i again noticed horizontal bars. When i tried the 4:3 aspect ratio again, the bars disappeared... ? o_O ¿

markoPopchkin

Hello everyone ! I am very glad to see that everyone here helps each other with questions and answers. I really hope that they will help me too. I know that you can change the name of the Virtual Camera through the FriendlyName registry. I change the name of the camera there, but the browser still sees the old name. Absolutely nothing helps. Reinstalled programs several times. Please help if someone has solved this problem. I really need

per.r

hi
iam having problem with virtualcam 2.0.4

i have 2 cameras and both of them has this problem
Problem is that when iam useing virtualcam in discord, video is streched so i have to re-enable "Keep aspect ratio" otption in virtalcam settings. This solve rpblem temorary, so i have to do it every time

is that common problem, or iam doing something wrong?

Wahlfactor

I just downloaded this plug in, and I'm having an odd issue. If I click out of the OBS window, particularly into a fullscreen resource intensive application the the frame rate of my virtual cam tanks. Average time to render frames goes really high 40+ ms, and I drop 20+% of my frames. This is without even trying record or stream, just using the virtual cam while playing a game or what not. I'm on a 3700x and a 2070 super and while my GPU is typically high utilization for 3D the encoder is idle, and my CPU is comfortably below 60% utilization. My OBS isn't showing a spike in utilization and I tried giving it priority through task manager. I was able to get the camera to look mostly fine by lowing my overall video output to 30 FPS, but render time was still high for how little work the machine was doing. After seeing that improvement I tried changing my camera to 720p 60 to see if the framerates matching is what made it happy and ended up with the same problems as I originally had. Is there something I'm missing?

Wahlfactor

In addition simply using the inbuilt virtual cam functionality does not produce the same problematic outcome, it has seemingly zero effect on performance.

Tomasz Góral

I just downloaded this plug in, and I'm having an odd issue. If I click out of the OBS window, particularly into a fullscreen resource intensive application the the frame rate of my virtual cam tanks. Average time to render frames goes really high 40+ ms, and I drop 20+% of my frames. This is without even trying record or stream, just using the virtual cam while playing a game or what not. I'm on a 3700x and a 2070 super and while my GPU is typically high utilization for 3D the encoder is idle, and my CPU is comfortably below 60% utilization. My OBS isn't showing a spike in utilization and I tried giving it priority through task manager. I was able to get the camera to look mostly fine by lowing my overall video output to 30 FPS, but render time was still high for how little work the machine was doing. After seeing that improvement I tried changing my camera to 720p 60 to see if the framerates matching is what made it happy and ended up with the same problems as I originally had. Is there something I'm missing?
Put here log file.
insufficient bus bandwidth - check PCIE speed, some processors have only 16 PCIE lines, if you have a USB bridge connected via PCIE, the graphics card will not switch to 16x mode, only 8x (i.e. slow down by 50%)

virtual camera - its driver is in RAM, OBS must send data from the graphics card via PCIE buses, 1080p60 is 3 Gb / s it's not too much but if your scene is complicated lags up.

Another thing - check how it will behave with the minimum number of elements on the scene, only game capture.

Wahlfactor

Put here log file.
insufficient bus bandwidth - check PCIE speed, some processors have only 16 PCIE lines, if you have a USB bridge connected via PCIE, the graphics card will not switch to 16x mode, only 8x (i.e. slow down by 50%)

virtual camera - its driver is in RAM, OBS must send data from the graphics card via PCIE buses, 1080p60 is 3 Gb / s it's not too much but if your scene is complicated lags up.

Another thing - check how it will behave with the minimum number of elements on the scene, only game capture.
I can't actually reproduce the performance hit to anywhere near the degree I had last night. It seems it was simply an issue that required a PC restart. Thank you none the less.

MrBryan0

Alright so im new to this whole thing, but when i want to choose obs virtual cam 1 and 2 they won’t show up in the camera list on brave. Does anyone know a solution to this.

Darks_hadow18

How do I uninstall OBS-VirtualCam 2.0.4 from my system? It causes me problems when I set the camera on OmeTV! It just says "You have denied access to your devices". I also completely removed OBS from my system but when I look on Discord or in Google Chrome in Settings and click on 'Select Camera' I still see all four virtual cameras in the list to choose from.

Attachments

• OmeTV Problem.png
    OmeTV Problem.png
    583.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Alle OBS Virtuelle Kameras.png
    Alle OBS Virtuelle Kameras.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 59