Question / Help OBS VirtualCam not working with Zoom

D

Deleted member 248845

So, I tried the NDI fix which worked fine while waiting for zoom to fix the virtual cam bug. Now using virtual cam and that's working fine too. However my computer (Win10 i5 2.3Gig 8gig mem 4 gig video mem) was super lagging when capturing zoom in obs to livestream to facebook. OBS kept putting up the message encoder overloaded... overworked something like that. (Essentially I'm using the virtual cam so zoom guests can see where we are in the program before I make them live in the stream)

Can anyone speak to which is less resource heavy? the NDI or the VirtualCam solution?

rkmaddox

Hi folks. I am trying to get this work for teaching in the fall and ZOOM is not seeing virtualcam. This is now version 5.1.2. Has this broken again with the newer version or am I doing something wrong? I have not tried any of the workarounds yet because the most recent messages seem to suggest that it works as it ought to.

rkmaddox

I'm pretty sure it was user error, but I'll leave this up for posterity. I had downloaded the installer for virtualcam 2.0.5 and it didn't run, so I tried manual installation. That's what wasn't working. But then I tried the installer for 2.0.4 and all is well.

sner99

Zoom are the ones blocking it from loading, nothing we can do on our side. If you have a paid plan I suggest contacting Zoom support with your concern.

Hi! I'm having a similar problem where Zoom Recognizes OBS Virtualcam as an input device but still wont work. I've tried the fixes on this thread but none have worked. Just wondering if this is the same DLL problem or if I'm just an idiot. You're help would be much appreciated. cheers. (Zoom ver. 5.5.4) (OBS ver. 26.1.1)