OBS Transition Matrix [Discontinued]

OBS Transition Matrix [Discontinued] v1.0

Narcogen

but how to do that? This plugin just sets the transition between 2 scenes but with only 1 transition...

Look at the matrix again. It allows you to select one transition for each state where the scene being transitioned FROM is A, and TO is B, and then another cell for the transition selected when the scene being transitioned FROM is B, and TO is A.

OM26R

Look at the matrix again. It allows you to select one transition for each state where the scene being transitioned FROM is A, and TO is B, and then another cell for the transition selected when the scene being transitioned FROM is B, and TO is A.
But between A and B there will be the same transition, won't it? How to set different transitions... from A to B is one, from B to A is another one? For example, you have 2 TV sets from both sides, and you made animation like from A to B camera moving from left TV to the right one, but from B to A scene you want to move transition camera from Right TV to left one :)

Last edited:

Narcogen

No.

Please look again at the matrix.

There is an intersection when Scene A is on the X axis and Scene B is on the Y axis.

There is ALSO an intersection when Scene A is on the Y axis and Scene B is on the X axis.

These two intersections hold different values.

The only empty cells in the matrix are when the same scene is in both axes.

I routinely use this to switch between two scenes with a slide/reverse slide to create the impression that these two scenes maintain the same position in physical space-- so that one scene is always seen as on the left, and another on the right. This is only possible if the transition between the two scenes is different depending on which one is being transitioned from, and which is being transitioned to.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-transition-matrix.751/#lg=attachment42287&slide=0

OM26R

No.

Please look again at the matrix.

There is an intersection when Scene A is on the X axis and Scene B is on the Y axis.

There is ALSO an intersection when Scene A is on the Y axis and Scene B is on the X axis.

These two intersections hold different values.

The only empty cells in the matrix are when the same scene is in both axes.

I routinely use this to switch between two scenes with a slide/reverse slide to create the impression that these two scenes maintain the same position in physical space-- so that one scene is always seen as on the left, and another on the right. This is only possible if the transition between the two scenes is different depending on which one is being transitioned from, and which is being transitioned to.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-transition-matrix.751/#lg=attachment42287&slide=0
what the hell, man, I'm really sorry for being so annoying and stupid, but on my matrix, I see 2 scenes intersected in only 1 point... so there can be only 1 value :( I see them on X and Y axis... but they cross in the same place (( I see on Y axis the Any row... maybe you're doing something with this? Can you drop a screenshot please... thanks for the reply btw

Yurlyn

Oh sweet! Thanks for the update. I'm really happy with this plugin and I don't want to go without it anymore :D

Yurlyn

Hmm, it seems the new version doesn't work on my OBS. I'm using OBS Studio 24.0.3 64-Bit but it doesn't show up in the Tools menu. Any idea?

Edit: Don't mind the sources/scenes list xD

Attachments

• 2020-01-21 04-43-41.txt
    93.5 KB · Views: 38

cyph0rg

Can't seem to pinpoint exact reason, but the matrix menu stopped saving changes.
Does this plugin get overwritten by OBS.Live?

craftm

Hi, sometimes when I restart OBS some transitions change, then I need to change again. IDK what is causing this.

E.g: Stinger changing to fading, then I need to go there and change back. (I have other rules using fade, so maybe the script is selecting the wrong transition?)

Yurlyn

Do you maybe have a scene transition override? Because that overrides whatever you've set in the transition matrix though it shouldn't change in the settings of the TM. If you have updated TM to the last version did you uninstall the previous one?
1582538490648.png

craftm

Do you maybe have a scene transition override? Because that overrides whatever you've set in the transition matrix though it shouldn't change in the settings of the TM. If you have updated TM to the last version did you uninstall the previous one?
View attachment 51535
no, I didn't even know that this function exists.

I have only the latest version installed (never installed the old one), sometime I just start OBS, open the TM options and some are different.

hmeneses

i'm having the same issue of the previous post, i have installed the previous version and then just overwriten the old one with the new

OBS Crash caused by obs-transition-matrix.dll !!

Transition overrides work fine but when you have set up the matrix and are finished with your stream and go to the next project setting up a new scene collection OBS crashes with following crash log entry:

Unhandled exception: c0000005
Date/Time: 2020-03-11, 02:18:33
Fault address: 7FFF87BD7F93 (c:\program files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit\obs-transition-matrix.dll)
libobs version: 24.0.3 (64-bit)
Windows version: 10.0 build 18362 (revision: 657; 64-bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz