OBS Toolbar

OBS Toolbar 0.1.2

MisutaaAsriel submitted a new resource:

OBS Toolbar - Adds a simple toolbar for easy access to controls; An alternative to the controls dock!

header-preview.png

This plugin makes it easy to access common OBS controls in a toolbar-like widget, without the need of the OBS Controls Dock!

Features​

• Stream, Record, Studio Mode, & Virtual Camera buttons.
  • Undockable, with top or bottom window placement.
  • Status display, with stream status, recording status, active scene, and CPU usage...

Read more about this resource...

Enma

This looks really cool, it'd be perfect if it also had status/controls for the replay buffer.

peubzera

You… remove the plugin from the folder. I don't have an easy way to uninstall, so I'd suggest reading the OBS documentation on installing/uninstalling plugins.
But we run a .bat, there is not showing what files to remove because it adds dll to user system configuration. Remove plugin from folder actually it is not the correct instruction, please provide how to uninstall your bat file because it is not the common plugin installation method in Obs, I checked the documentation before writing here.

Enma

But we run a .bat, there is not showing what files to remove because it adds dll to user system configuration. Remove plugin from folder actually it is not the correct instruction, please provide how to uninstall your bat file because it is not the common plugin installation method in Obs, I checked the documentation before writing here.
The two files in the zip "obs.toolbar.dll" and "obs-toolbar.pdb"
They get added to the obs-studio/plugins/64bit folder, you can just delete those.

All the .bat does is copy those files from the download folder/zip to the folder I mentioned above.

peubzera

The two files in the zip "obs.toolbar.dll" and "obs-toolbar.pdb"
They get added to the obs-studio/plugins/64bit folder, you can just delete those.

All the .bat does is copy those files from the download folder/zip to the folder I mentioned above.
thanks, it worked!

Enma

OBS crashing on close after installing this plugin. Goes away when I remove it.

Attachments

• Crash 2023-01-26 13-18-09.txt
    94.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Crash 2023-01-26 13-19-32.txt
    87.6 KB · Views: 18

chuckg997

For some reason this window will not dock for me in OBS29. It remains a floating separate window. All other plugin docks will snap in fine but this one just will not. Anyone else have this issue?

@baron.grimswald As of version 0.1.2, OBS Toolbar comes with a Windows installer package. To install, run the MSI, and to uninstall, remove it from Add/Remove programs.

@chuckg997 @Enma @peubzera @Yerosius The crash on exit bug should be fixed. It was an issue with me not releasing the scene name after applying it to the status display (apparently you have to do that). Sorry about that. If there's any more issues, please open them on the github here: https://github.com/MisutaaAsriel/obs-toolbar/issues

For some reason this window will not dock for me in OBS29. It remains a floating separate window. All other plugin docks will snap in fine but this one just will not. Anyone else have this issue?

I've noticed an issue on OBS for Windows in particular where floating docks will not, well, dock, unless you drag them from a specific spot on their titlebar. I've also had this issue with browser docks, in particular.

Likewise, due to the nature of how OBS orders UI elements, there can be conditions where you cannot dock things on the top or bottom of the UI, due to conflicting elements. As this plugin requires itself to be at the top or bottom, this can prevent docking.

To remedy, undock all widgets, dock the toolbar first, then dock everything else where you would like them, as usual.

Just wanted to commend you for the work you're putting into this and how prompt you've been in responding to people's feedback.
Cheers!
This project was meant to be a quick fix to a major gripe I've had with OBS for a long time; along with my MintChip theme. But even though C/C++ is not my wheelhouse and the OBS Plugin API is limited… it's still my code.

And I felt this plugin, as my theme before it, would be useful to others as it was myself. So even if I don't dedicate a lot of time to updating this or fleshing it out, I still need to maintain it, out of good practice.

So often, especially with OBS plugins, have I received responses from developers along the lines of "you [ want it to work/want this bug fixed/need this feature ] then do it yourself", as if it were just that simple. I don't wish to be that kind of developer.