Question / Help OBS Studio Preview & Stream Choppy

Overflow

Hi everyone, i have read lot of you have the same problem. I really can't understand why i have choppy preview window on OBS and even on my stream but the games runs smooth.

CPU Ryzen 7 2700x, GPU GTX 1070 G1 Gaming, RAM 16GB DDR4 3000MHz.

Here's my log.

Thanks for the help!

My Logs

Attachments

• 2018-10-11 23-12-38.txt
    19 KB · Views: 58

Narcogen

Don't put multiple game captures or game and display captures in the same scene, it can cause bad performance.

Not much else to tell from a log with no recording/streaming session in it.

Overflow

Don't put multiple game captures or game and display captures in the same scene, it can cause bad performance.

Not much else to tell from a log with no recording/streaming session in it.
I have tried even with a complete new scene but the issue remains. How can I do a correct log? I have to start stream/Recording and then when I stop it the log will be created automatically?

BK-Morpheus

Log looks fine now.
Maybe it's the same problem that I have (just occasional stutter that the log won't show and that is not CPU/GPU load related).

Overflow

Log looks fine now.
Maybe it's the same problem that I have (just occasional stutter that the log won't show and that is not CPU/GPU load related).
idk but, before this Ryzen 7 2700x i had i7-6700k and i didn't have this problem, the problem is appeared when i switched to Ryzen...

BK-Morpheus

I had this problem with i7 3770k as well, but at that time I was recording/streaming with 30fps most of the time, so it took a while to spot the problem. With 60fps it's way more obviuous, when the stutter begins. In some games, it takes up to 30minutes until the stutter starts for 2-3minutes. In other games it only takes 15min.

Overflow

I had this problem with i7 3770k as well, but at that time I was recording/streaming with 30fps most of the time, so it took a while to spot the problem. With 60fps it's way more obviuous, when the stutter begins. In some games, it takes up to 30minutes until the stutter starts for 2-3minutes. In other games it only takes 15min.
No in my case, i can see the stutter immediately. The problem is, i have the SAME problem even with XSplit (fresh install new scene without nothing) so i think there isn't a "software" problem, maybe somethings wrong with my PC?

BK-Morpheus

Do you have a monitor with more than 60Hz and second monitor with only 60Hz?
If so, you can try to disconnect the second monitor or not open any program on the second monitor to check if the mixed refreshrate problem of Windows has anything to do with it.

Overflow

Do you have a monitor with more than 60Hz and second monitor with only 60Hz?
If so, you can try to disconnect the second monitor or not open any program on the second monitor to check if the mixed refreshrate problem of Windows has anything to do with it.
Nope i have two AOC G2460V at 75HZ with the same settings connected by Display Port.

Overflow

I have tried even with Nvenc High Quality Low Latency with the same bitrate but the problem is even worst. The preview windows and the recording is even more laggy than x264. I really don't how to fix this problem...

EDIT: I have tried to add a 1080p60fps video (media source) in OBS and it runs smooth without any stuttering or lag in the preview windows. Can be this information helpful?

Last edited:

BK-Morpheus

Limit ingame fps (for example with VSYNC) and monitor your GPU load while gaming. Make sure, the load stays under 95% all the time.

Overflow

Limit ingame fps (for example with VSYNC) and monitor your GPU load while gaming. Make sure, the load stays under 95% all the time.
Already capped the fps (I play every time with v sync enabled) but the you will not stay under 95% all the time. It goes from 65% to 95% but the stutter isn't related because I saw smooth preview when you was around 70% and maybe stutter when was around 80%

BK-Morpheus

Oh, I didn't saw the multiple capture sources in the log, at first glance.
Please create a new, empty scene collection and insert only the game_capture for testing.
It can be problematic to have monitor capture and two game capture sources in the same scene.

Overflow

Oh, I didn't saw the multiple capture sources in the log, at first glance.
Please create a new, empty scene collection and insert only the game_capture for testing.
It can be problematic to have monitor capture and two game capture sources in the same scene.
Already done when Narcogen let me know that could be a problem, but nothing changed..

Overflow

Tried to capture my console with Elgato HD60Pro and... same result, preview and stream/recording is choppy even if my CPU stay at 45% of load. So for sure isn't an overload problem. What the hell can be this problem!? I have saw, if i stream/record at 30fps the problem isn't noticeable...

Overflow

Could still be a rendering problem (GPU overload).
And how i can check this? My GPU never go over 95%. I always use v sync at 60hz playing in 1080p... i doubt can be a game that can overload the a GTX 1070 at 60fps in Full HD. :/ the problem is present with every single game even indie games. End when i capture console with Elgato HD60Pro GPU almost doesn't work.

Overflow

Tried with Shadowplay because i read so many people doens't have problem with shadowplay but.. same problem here, even more stuttering than OBS. This is so weird...