AssaultOPS

I love OBS studio, and I have been using it for the past few years and everything was working perfectly. Few weeks ago, I got a pop-up window saying that I might want to update OBS. I usually ignore these kinds of messages because I don't like updating software too frequently. But today, I don't know why, I pressed the update button and the software started updating. After successful update (new version 28.1.2), thinking everything would be normal as it used to be, I prepared to record my screen. When I pressed enter, I got a strange error message saying the following:

Code:
NVENC ERROR:init_encoder_h264: nv.nvEncInitializeEncoder(enc->session, &enc->params) failed: 8 (NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_PARAM)

Let me tell you my hardware specifications:
I have a 64-bit pentium dual core processor with a GT 710 graphics card. I know I have really old components, but I was happy with it. Before the update, I was able to use the NVENC H.264 encoding, but now I cannot do it anymore. I really hate using the software(x264) option because it gives me a really bad experience.
I researched about this error on google and tried all the methods including updating my graphic drivers, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me. I will attach my log files to this thread so that it helps you analyze the problem.

What do you think the problem is? Is my graphic card not capable for OBS anymore? Should I downgrade my OBS to previous version? (If yes, please let me know what version works for GT710, I forgot what version my OBS was before the update)

Attachments

• 2022-11-06 11-32-55.txt
    10.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited: