OBS Studio is lagging my game when streaming

ZigZack

Hi! I used OBS Studio a lot of time for my streams and it was always fulfil its purpose. My last stream was in August, there was no problem with it. Last friday, when I tried to stream GTA V (it's applies to every AAA kind of games) which I did a lot, the game started to dramatically lagging. It's not happening when I have my stream off or I don't have OBS running. I tried to do stream with Cyberpunk, Alan Wake and more, but it's still have the same problem and before there wasn't.

My specs:

i7-7700K
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
16 GB RAM

qhobbes

qhobbes

1. Change the refresh rate on your AOC monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
2. Cap your games at 120 FPS.
3. Create a new Scene Collection in OBS with 1 scene and 1 source of Game Capture (no filters).
4. Close and re-open OBS so it starts with that new Scene Collection.
5. Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
2) Stop your stream.
3) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

ZigZack

1. Change the refresh rate on your AOC monitor from 144 Hz to 120 Hz.
2. Cap your games at 120 FPS.
3. Create a new Scene Collection in OBS with 1 scene and 1 source of Game Capture (no filters).
4. Close and re-open OBS so it starts with that new Scene Collection.
5. Your log contains no streaming session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Start your stream for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
2) Stop your stream.
3) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

qhobbes

1. Your gigabit-capable network card is only connecting at 100mbps. This may indicate a bad network cable or outdated router/switch which could be impacting network performance. If it's a 100mbps switch, that should be fine for streaming at 9000, just make sure it's not the cable.
2. Killer's Firewall is known for it's poor performance and issues when trying to stream. Please download the driver pack from the vendor's page , completely uninstall all Killer NIC items and install their Driver only package.
3. Uncheck the boxes for Psycho Visual Tuning and Look-ahead as these use GPU.

If still having issues, see GPU Overload Issues.

qhobbes

1. Create a new Scene Collection in OBS with 1 scene and 1 source of Game Capture (no filters).
2. Close and re-open OBS so it starts with that new Scene Collection.

Do a stream and post log of stream if still having issues.

ZigZack

It's seems that game source alone isn't lagging, but if I add a webcam or even overlay, it's starting to lag