Question / Help OBS Studio Constant Lag

SuperBadProdYT

OBS Constantly Lags no matter what I try, what settings should I try?

(I can't record games like Rainbow Six Siege and Fortnite with OBS on, and I've tried bringing down Graphics and making sure that something in the background is overusing the CPU in my Task Manager. I'm not very big on Computers cause I've only switched from PS4 about 6-8 months ago)

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G w/ Radeon Vega Graphics

Motherboard:
Asus Prime B450M-A/CSM AMD Ryzen 2

Graphics Card:
Radeon RX 560 Series

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (21GB all together)

Last edited:

Xephor

So, you have a quite low end PC. What I can recommend you to do is cap your in-game framerate to around 60 FPS so siege isn't eating up extra resources that could go towards streaming.

After that, try recording again. If it still lags, post your OBS logs so we can see what is causing lag.

Also, make sure you launch OBS in Administrator mode, it improves performance.

SuperBadProdYT

So, you have a quite low end PC. What I can recommend you to do is cap your in-game framerate to around 60 FPS so siege isn't eating up extra resources that could go towards streaming.

After that, try recording again. If it still lags, post your OBS logs so we can see what is causing lag.

Also, make sure you launch OBS in Administrator mode, it improves performance.

Unfortunately, I can't cap my FPS in Rainbow Six. But I've tried switching the settings to "low" and it still didn't work.

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 60
  • b.PNG
    b.PNG
    18.7 KB · Views: 58
  • c.PNG
    c.PNG
    8.8 KB · Views: 56

Xephor

I would try using your GPUs encoder (AMD H264 encoder in OBS I think) instead of using X264 as X264 is CPU encoding and your cpu isn't very strong.

You may even be able to up your output resolution to 720p30 or maybe even 720p60 but i wouldn't count on it since your using a RX 560. But its a start.