OBS Studio 30 RC

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruhMovies

Always attach or upload a log file using the feature for this that you find inside Help menu after perfroming a test stream/recording (the one you aim to) and paste the URL in here.
Here you are: https://obsproject.com/logs/lpPOMCbB0I41bruZ
( I like how the url has bruh in it. )

The logs also didn't include this at the end:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error' what(): Unable to generate ECDSA P-256 key pair

lcalder

RC2 is now available! This fixes the bug with browser sources, as well as several other reported issues.

Thanks to all the testers, and please let us know if you run in to further issues!
Thanks for this! This fixes the problem I had with Zoom downgrading my output to 320x180@12fps instead of its "HD" 680x480@27-30fps.... I guess the virtual camera was eating up resources which forced zoom to downgrade my video maybe to "save" the situation. Today, for the first time since I upgraded to OBS v30 I'm back to that HD quality and my students have stopped complaining.

lcalder

Hello this problem persists in the current beta.
It looks like when OBS.app gets upgraded, it replaces the old OBS.app with the new one but maybe can't kill something with the previous version's virtual camera...
What I had to do was rename /Applications/OBS.app to something else like /Applications/OBStrash.app. Then reboot. Then install the new OBS v30 rc2. It will then ask for permissions be enabled and then it will recreate the virtual camera....
Then, after a reboot you should be able to delete the OBStrash.app

What was happening to me if I tried to delete OBS.app directly is the system would prompt me that there were extensions that were used by OBS that needed to be removed, but it would never let me remove them when clicked to affirm the prompt. Not even after multiple reboots...

martinmarko

As we have stated multiple times, tests in a virtual environment are invalid, and not useful to us. We do not support virtual environments, and the known native environments we've had people test show that the issue is resolved for them. There might be other edge cases that this doesn't yet solve, but reports from a virtual environment are not helpful to us.
30.0 RC2 hasn't fixed the crackling for me either, attaching the log below. Crackling started around 26:20 into the stream and it remained for the rest of the stream (6 more minutes until I turned off the stream because of the crackling)

Attachments

• 2023-10-31 16-38-19.txt
    34.8 KB · Views: 21

Padinn

I noticed a BSOD shortly after stream began. Including my logs here - I am pretty sure it occurred with the 10-30-21-04-45 file. It was fine rest of night.

Attachments

• 2023-10-30 21-04-45.txt
    72.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2023-10-30 22-40-12.txt
    52.6 KB · Views: 14

luisbustamante

It looks like when OBS.app gets upgraded, it replaces the old OBS.app with the new one but maybe can't kill something with the previous version's virtual camera...
What I had to do was rename /Applications/OBS.app to something else like /Applications/OBStrash.app. Then reboot. Then install the new OBS v30 rc2. It will then ask for permissions be enabled and then it will recreate the virtual camera....
Then, after a reboot you should be able to delete the OBStrash.app

What was happening to me if I tried to delete OBS.app directly is the system would prompt me that there were extensions that were used by OBS that needed to be removed, but it would never let me remove them when clicked to affirm the prompt. Not even after multiple reboots...

I did what you're saying but the problem when initiating the virtual camera at OBS startup using the "--startvirtualcam" command in the terminal persists.

Padinn

*edit* almost certain im having a hardware issue after doing more resting today.

Had several more BSODs last night and rolled back to 29.3....but had another after that as well (then was able to stream fine). May be a hardware issue on my side, but just in case here are the logs:

Attachments

• 2023-10-31 20-01-47.txt
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2023-10-31 20-05-16.txt
    59.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2023-10-31 20-16-10.txt
    22.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-10-31 20-17-08.txt
    45 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-10-31 20-26-18.txt
    28.1 KB · Views: 13

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
The system itself should remove the extension for you on reboot. You should not have to manually do anything. The system is just alerting you that it will remove the deleted app's provided system extension(s) on the next reboot cycle.

Here you are: https://obsproject.com/logs/lpPOMCbB0I41bruZ
( I like how the url has bruh in it. )

The logs also didn't include this at the end:
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error' what(): Unable to generate ECDSA P-256 key pair
To clarify, this is when using WHIP to stream to a Broadcast Box instance?

30.0 RC2 hasn't fixed the crackling for me either, attaching the log below. Crackling started around 26:20 into the stream and it remained for the rest of the stream (6 more minutes until I turned off the stream because of the crackling)
Unfortunately, our attempts at resolving this did not bear fruit. We are still investigating. If you want to provide debug assistance, please join our Discord and contact "Mitchell | Yolo".

I did what you're saying but the problem when initiating the virtual camera at OBS startup using the "--startvirtualcam" command in the terminal persists.
We didn't disable the option in RC2, so it will still fail for the reason I previously mentioned. You should just remove it.

*edit* almost certain im having a hardware issue after doing more resting today.

Had several more BSODs last night and rolled back to 29.3....but had another after that as well (then was able to stream fine). May be a hardware issue on my side, but just in case here are the logs:
OBS itself cannot cause BSODs. Those are due to hardware/device issues, which OBS can surface due to utilizing said hardware/devices.

lcalder

The system itself should remove the extension for you on reboot. You should not have to manually do anything. The system is just alerting you that it will remove the deleted app's provided system extension(s) on the next reboot cycle.

To clarify, this is when using WHIP to stream to a Broadcast Box instance?

Unfortunately, our attempts at resolving this did not bear fruit. We are still investigating. If you want to provide debug assistance, please join our Discord and contact "Mitchell | Yolo".

We didn't disable the option in RC2, so it will still fail for the reason I previously mentioned. You should just remove it.

OBS itself cannot cause BSODs. Those are due to hardware/device issues, which OBS can surface due to utilizing said hardware/devices.
Yes, but the problem persists (virtual camera not removed and therefore prevents new virtual camera creation) between reboots - even several of them - so something isn't right. This has been happening to me all of the v30 beta and rc releases... manual deletion of the OBS.app would result in production of an error message that OBS is hosting system extensions, requesting superuser permission to remove them - and providing superuser password to remove them doesn't make that window prompt go away no matter what you do. After reboot - try deleting again - same thing. Once I rename it, however, I can then install the new version, and the virtual camera is created just fine, after which I am able to delete the old renamed OBS.app....

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Yes, but the problem persists (virtual camera not removed and therefore prevents new virtual camera creation) between reboots - even several of them - so something isn't right. This has been happening to me all of the v30 beta and rc releases... manual deletion of the OBS.app would result in production of an error message that OBS is hosting system extensions, requesting superuser permission to remove them - and providing superuser password to remove them doesn't make that window prompt go away no matter what you do. After reboot - try deleting again - same thing. Once I rename it, however, I can then install the new version, and the virtual camera is created just fine, after which I am able to delete the old renamed OBS.app....
In that case, please file a Feedback with Apple while the problem is occurring. This doesn't sound like something we can address on our side.

Yes, I was trying to stream to the broadcast box instance that is being hosted on https://b.siobud.com .
Works fine for me on Windows following their instructions. The error message seems to come from libdatachannel, though I don't know why.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Same error on my end. I'm using the beta flatpak version of OBS.

My guess is some dependency isn't being included with it.
As far as we can tell, it's not that a dependency isn't being included, it seems to be a bug in libdatachannel. It's being investigated.

GACT

Hello, I have a simple question :
Every time I open a profile configured with YouTube the window opens "YouTube Live Control Panel"
I deactivate it but it always activates automatically
Is there a way to disable it permanently since I don't use that window ?
Very Thanks ^^

Attachments

• YouTube Live Control Panel.png
    YouTube Live Control Panel.png
    19.8 KB · Views: 24

Fenrir

Forum Admin
OBS 30 has now been released! Please use the normal support channels for any additional support questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.