OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

_AgentCobra

"As stated in the patch notes and earlier in this thread, we had to revert that feature because it was breaking settings for non-webcam devices, such as capture cards. We will revisit it in a future release."

A future release of 28 or are we talking 29, 30?

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
"As stated in the patch notes and earlier in this thread, we had to revert that feature because it was breaking settings for non-webcam devices, such as capture cards. We will revisit it in a future release."

A future release of 28 or are we talking 29, 30?
Whenever we can reintroduce the feature without running into the problems discovered on the initial OBS Studio 28 release. We have no set deadline for this.

Chip_Brewster

Just took the plunge and experiencing a scene transition issue where the departing elements (which I have frozen) appear to darken in color without any discernable cause. I have experimented with a multitude of settings in the transition itself and could find no way to fix this. This did not happen in v27. Perhaps something that has already been recognized and is in the works to be addressed? Happy to provide any other info / documentation requested.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Just took the plunge and experiencing a scene transition issue where the departing elements (which I have frozen) appear to darken in color without any discernable cause. I have experimented with a multitude of settings in the transition itself and could find no way to fix this. This did not happen in v27. Perhaps something that has already been recognized and is in the works to be addressed? Happy to provide any other info / documentation requested.
The video is unavailable.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Not fixed with the .3 update that just came out.
Without more information on exactly what kind of transition is occurring, and how you have it set up, it's difficult to answer this concern. Is this a built-in OBS transition? Are you using a plugin to perform the transition? It might be more expedient for you to go over this setup and issue in our Discord server. Please be prepared to explain your setup, how the transition is configured, and provide log files and example files for the transition.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
OBS Studio 28.0.3 has been released. The Beta and Release Candidate phases ended in August, and this thread has served its purpose. Therefore, I will be closing this thread.

If you have an issue with OBS Studio 28, please consider posting in the appropriate OBS Studio Support sub-forum or in our Discord server. If you have a verified bug, you may be asked to file a GitHub Issue, but please attempt to first verify that it is a bug rather than a setup or configuration issue.

Thank you for all the feedback and reports!

Status
Not open for further replies.