OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Looking forward to use the new OBS!

How can I check that my laptop is capable of stream to YouTube in HDR/HLS/HVEC format?

My laptop is

Proc. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
Memory 16,0 GB
64 bit, x64-based processor
Nvidia MX330

The current OBS offers me X264 or Quicksync H264 for streaming and SVT-AV1, AOM-AV1, AV1 (VIA AOM), Apple Prores )Prores_aw, via FFMpeg) for recording.

Thanks in advance!
The NVIDIA GeForce MX330 does not support NVENC, so it has no encoders. HEVC for QuickSync is not currently available.

m00se78

Trying the new beta specifically for the hdr functionality. Only tried a couple of games so far, hitman 3 looked fine. Destiny 2 still looks pretty bad with hdr enabled in obs. Not sure if that is more so on the D2 side of things, or?

Np9dXsj.png

iqSjFGa.png

QKOxL01.png

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Trying the new beta specifically for the hdr functionality. Only tried a couple of games so far, hitman 3 looked fine. Destiny 2 still looks pretty bad with hdr enabled in obs. Not sure if that is more so on the D2 side of things, or?

Np9dXsj.png

iqSjFGa.png

QKOxL01.png
You need to use an HDR color space such as "Rec. 2100 (PQ)". For any further investigation, we'd need more details on how you're capturing D2. Could you please provide a log file of an OBS session where you captured and recorded it?

xDololow

New AMD Encoder dies after 1 minute of recording/streaming and gets stuck (need to use Task Manager to KILL). GPU is RX 580
1659633244406.png

1659632874283.png

Logs

Attachments

• 2022-08-05 00-10-48.txt
    37.3 KB · Views: 62

Cupcheck

So for some reason it's asking me for a Beta Key...which I don't have....>.>

Can someone assist me on this!?

Flaeri

New AMD Encoder dies after 1 minute of recording/streaming and gets stuck (need to use Task Manager to KILL). GPU is RX 580
View attachment 85294
View attachment 85292
Logs
Any chance you would be willing to do some quick checks with me on the discord server? I only ask because I worry we would clog up this chat with a lot of back and forth, and I think we would need a fair bit more info to dig into this.
https://obsproject.com/discord > #beta-testing channel, feel free to ping me with the issue if you would like to give it a try. Thank you in advance :)

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
So for some reason it's asking me for a Beta Key...which I don't have....>.>

Can someone assist me on this!?
Is this a normal OBS Studio installer, or is this on Steam, or is this an installer from somewhere else? As far as I know, nothing should be asking for a beta key.

Mammifero

Good Morning (forgive my bad English)

i'm a "new kid in town"
tried to install the new version today
the installer told me to exit from "adobe creative cloud"
it's normal ?

regards from Italy

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Good Morning (forgive my bad English)

i'm a "new kid in town"
tried to install the new version today
the installer told me to exit from "adobe creative cloud"
it's normal ?

regards from Italy
Yes, you should exit Adobe Creative Cloud before installing OBS Studio.

AmethystFei

Hi! with the capture-specific application sound it seems that when recording it makes a buzzing sound. So I am unsure that it would make the same buzzing sound when streaming.

BigDaddyNL

Hi all, jusy downloaded the beta. On my current MacMini M1 (16 Gg memory) I have not yet installed any OBS, so this will be a clean install wiyh no legacy residing. Will give it a go this weekend and keep you posted. I am a basic user so my testing will be basic as well. Loved previous version on my Intel based MacMini so very eager :-)

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hi! with the capture-specific application sound it seems that when recording it makes a buzzing sound. So I am unsure that it would make the same buzzing sound when streaming.
This doesn't sound like anything we ran into in testing. The only way to be sure would be to try a test stream and check the stream or the VOD. If you do find that a strange sound ends up in the actual stream or VOD, please follow-up with us by providing the OBS log file for that session and a link to the VOD. You can follow-up here or in our Discord's server's #beta-testing channel.

m00se78

You need to use an HDR color space such as "Rec. 2100 (PQ)". For any further investigation, we'd need more details on how you're capturing D2. Could you please provide a log file of an OBS session where you captured and recorded it?
Not a huge issue by any means, I don't stream too much these days anyways, but I was intrigued by the possibility of being able to stream in hdr.

Attachments

• 2022-08-04 17-44-23.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 36

Smash-ter

It would be great if you guys could possibly integrate VR Capture features natively into the OBS builds. Because it's a massive overhaul there's a possibility that the OpenVR plugin may not work anymore. As a VR streamer the OpenVR plugin is necessary so that I could crop out my right eye since the SteamVR capture does not look right when it's displayed in OBS.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
It would be great if you guys could possibly integrate VR Capture features natively into the OBS builds. Because it's a massive overhaul there's a possibility that the OpenVR plugin may not work anymore. As a VR streamer the OpenVR plugin is necessary so that I could crop out my right eye since the SteamVR capture does not look right when it's displayed in OBS.
According to my investigation, the OpenVR plugin is not affected by any changes we made, so it should continue to work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.