OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Bonjour,

J'ai envoyé un mail complet chez Elgato avec comme source le forum.

Concernant la capture d'un jeux comme World of Warcraft, que dois je utiliser ?

Écran macOS ( fonctionne pas chez moi )

capture écran ( vieux ? pourquoi ?)

Merci
macOS Screen Capture is recommended when it is available. If it is not available, then use either Window Capture or Display Capture. Window Capture and Display Capture are marked "deprecated" because they are no longer recommended when Screen Capture is available.

Additionally, if you have multiple copies of OBS installed, you may have to remove all application permissions, and then re-add the permissions for the instance that you want to use.

Please feel free to use a translation service such as Google Translate to post your messages in English, so that we can respond to them more easily. Thank you for your understanding.

The following message has been translated with Google Translate.
Ce message a été traduit à l'aide de Google Translate.

La capture d'écran macOS est recommandée lorsqu'elle est disponible. S'il n'est pas disponible, utilisez soit Window Capture, soit Display Capture. La "Capture de Fenêtre" et la "Capture d'écran" sont marquées "obsolètes" car elles ne sont plus recommandées lorsque la capture d'écran est disponible.

De plus, si plusieurs copies d'OBS sont installées, vous devrez peut-être supprimer toutes les autorisations d'application, puis rajouter les autorisations pour l'instance que vous souhaitez utiliser.

N'hésitez pas à utiliser un service de traduction tel que Google Translate pour poster vos messages en anglais, afin que nous puissions y répondre plus facilement. Merci pour votre compréhension.

Ghostkwebb

ok so this is a MAC bug
The new macOS Screen Capture only works when its properties of it are open. Once the properties are closed the screen capture freezes and it doesn't work.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
View attachment 85466View attachment 85468
Hopefully you can see the difference in the tone of the white of the Read Dead text title. The second picture was taken when the game was in HDR, but in borderless mode (the screenshot is from OBS preview).

Also, the camera bug is back. I know this bug is new in this beta version because it was not happening in the previous, and it does not happen in any other app.

To solve the Camlink bug, I have to disconnect the Camlink from the PC, and reconnect it.

Thank you!
RDR2 seems to have a low default paper white level. Try decreasing SDR white level in OBS to around 100.

ok so this is a MAC bug
The new macOS Screen Capture only works when its properties of it are open. Once the properties are closed the screen capture freezes and it doesn't work.
This works fine for me on my MacBook. If you have multiple versions of OBS installed, or you previously granted permissions to another installed copy, you may have to completely remove permissions that you have granted, then re-add them to the correct/current instance of OBS, and then re-open that instance. If you still have an issue with this, I recommend joining the #beta-testing channel on our Discord server.
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 12.26.05 AM.png

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Beta 2 is now out! If you had reported a bug or had an issue that we implemented a fix for, please test and let us know!

Links updated in the first post.

raymond608

I encountered a serious bug in my M1 MacBook Air that whenever I click the pause button while recording, the whole app quits itself.
(Version installed: obs-studio-28.0.0-beta2-macos-arm64.dmg)

Video:

BornedDauntless

Found a Bug when Recording on OBS 28, when recording I found out that it only save the 2xVoice-Tracks and the the 1xGame-Tracks would save but the GameCapture doesn't save at all (A mov file with only 3tracks and blackscreen) even though in the preview of the game capture does work? its inconsistent, wither auto split is on or off. (30m mov files with 3tracks and game capture)
1660225561144.png
1660225576195.png
1660225598453.png
1660225377861.png

milkmx

RDR2 seems to have a low default paper white level. Try decreasing SDR white level in OBS to around 100.
Yes, I saw some guides and the recommendation is to increase the paper white level in RDR2 to 200, which I did. Should I match this two values (paper white level in RDR2 and SDR white level in OBS)? Or should the SDR white level in OBS be lower?

BornedDauntless

OBS 28 Black Screen Recording BUG Caused by Failing to reset Time-Stamp
Found a Bug when Recording on OBS 28, when recording I found out that it only save the 2xVoice-Tracks and the the 1xGame-Tracks would save but the GameCapture doesn't save at all (A mov file with only 3tracks and blackscreen) even though in the preview of the game capture does work? its inconsistent, wither auto split is on or off. (30m mov files with 3tracks and game capture)View attachment 85479 View attachment 85480View attachment 85481View attachment 85478
(Set to reset every 30m) I know this because i did some testing and found that if you have Reset Time-Stamp off, the recording continues onto a new file while also producing a black screen for 30m untill the 2nd actually starts.

My conclusion is when Reset Time-Stamp is on, OBS 28 BETA 1 is struggling to reset the time stamp causing the Game-Capture not to save on the recording and then fail to reactivate Game-Capture during the next recording file (even though Game-Capture is being displayed in the preview) leaving you with 30minutes of just black screen and audio

1660236760122.png

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I encountered a serious bug in my M1 MacBook Air that whenever I click the pause button while recording, the whole app quits itself.
(Version installed: obs-studio-28.0.0-beta2-macos-arm64.dmg)

Video:
I can confirm this bug. We'll look into it. Thanks!

Found a Bug when Recording on OBS 28, when recording I found out that it only save the 2xVoice-Tracks and the the 1xGame-Tracks would save but the GameCapture doesn't save at all (A mov file with only 3tracks and blackscreen) even though in the preview of the game capture does work? its inconsistent, wither auto split is on or off. (30m mov files with 3tracks and game capture)
We would need to see an OBS log to debug this further.

Yes, I saw some guides and the recommendation is to increase the paper white level in RDR2 to 200, which I did. Should I match this two values (paper white level in RDR2 and SDR white level in OBS)? Or should the SDR white level in OBS be lower?
For now, in OBS Studio Beta 2, set OBS SDR white level to match what you set in RDR2. If the result isn't what you want, you'll have to keep adjusting until you get what you're looking for. In a future release, we may have more options for adjusting this.

theprobo

Ive got RX 6800 (non XT) and 22.6.1 drivers because newest 22.7.1 causing massive system lag

When im recording video with beta 2 and new HW AMD ive got laggy video, OBS work normally but video is laggy for about 2-3 minutes.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Ive got RX 6800 (non XT) and 22.6.1 drivers because newest 22.7.1 causing massive system lag

When im recording video with beta 2 and new HW AMD ive got laggy video, OBS work normally but video is laggy for about 2-3 minutes.
Please provide an OBS log. We cannot diagnose encoder issues without an OBS log.

Pinossaur

I can't seem to get game capture working on either beta of obs 28, when it used to work on obs 27 with the same configuration, not sure if it could be a mistake from my part, or not.

attempting to hook process: VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe
capture stopped

These are the 2 lines that are output when it tries to hook onto the game's process. Game capture works with all other games I've tried so far.

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I can't seem to get game capture working on either beta of obs 28, when it used to work on obs 27 with the same configuration, not sure if it could be a mistake from my part, or not.

attempting to hook process: VALORANT-Win64-Shipping.exe
capture stopped

These are the 2 lines that are output when it tries to hook onto the game's process. Game capture works with all other games I've tried so far.
Valorant cannot be captured by OBS Studio 28 Beta 1. We have fixed this in OBS Studio 28 Beta 2. If you are using the installer for the OBS Studio 28 Beta, it should install the game capture files for you. If you are using a portable installation of the OBS Studio 28 Beta, you may have to manually copy the game capture files to C:\ProgramData\obs-studio-hook.

Pinossaur

I tried installing the update over the files of the beta 1, so that may explain why it doesn't work yet. I'll reinstall obs onto a separate directory later, to see if it fixes the issue. Thanks for the quick response!

Hallwc87

Hey all!

Having issues with the stinger transitions not playing or working in the new beta. Any word on this? I am on Mac

Any help would be appreciated

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey all!

Having issues with the stinger transitions not playing or working in the new beta. Any word on this? I am on Mac

Any help would be appreciated
Stinger transitions work fine for me on OBS Studio 28 Beta 2 on my MacBook. Could you please be more specific? What kind of file are you trying to load for a stinger? Does the file play at all during the transition? What do you see happen?

Hallwc87

Stinger transitions work fine for me on OBS Studio 28 Beta 2 on my MacBook. Could you please be more specific? What kind of file are you trying to load for a stinger? Does the file play at all during the transition? What do you see happen?
Thanks for the response!

It was a .mov file I believe that would work on the older version of obs but as soon as I updated to the beta, they won’t work anymore. Basically they worked before but now they don’t lol

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Thanks for the response!

It was a .mov file I believe that would work on the older version of obs but as soon as I updated to the beta, they won’t work anymore. Basically they worked before but now they don’t lol
I've just tested a .mov file as a stinger and it still works fine for me on OBS Studio 28 Beta 2 arm64 version on my M2 MBP. Is there anything special about this .mov file? Could you please post a log file?

Status
Not open for further replies.