OBS Studio 28.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzi

I don't think this is a very good idea. Fairly sure limiting maxQP means that the encoder will happily blow past any ratecontrol if it has to (not allowed to have a QP higher than 38). I would suggest removing that option at least.

As for vbvbufsize, I would remove it entirely, which will set it equal to the bitrate, which is what we recommend. There can be a small spike over the bitrate, but should be tight enough. Reminder that the vbvbuf is indeed in bits, not kilobits, so 1000 would be extremely low, and probably cause troubles.

There are some other confusing options in there, which I think you can safely remove as well, as they are either doign nothing, or setting the same as the default already is, like minqp, bframes=true. Dont think minref is doing anything either, as that is not a valid parameter afaik.

TLDR, remove MaxQP, and remove vbvbuffersize at least.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if remove the maxqp option the encoding becomes a blocky mess, as I understand QP is a compression factor over the frames, 51 is the default Max and I think is pretty bad for quality. About vbvbuffer I think it makes sense what you said. I'll remove the other options and test to ensure if any changes occur quality wise.

sandrix

Hi! When overloading the AMD HW H.264 and H.265 encoder, it immediately freezes. Only disabling in the task manager helps. When using the old implementation of AMF, the encoder continues to work and does not cause the program to hang. RX 570 (VCE 3.0). I'm just reporting a problem.
AMD HW H 264 OBS 28.0
H264/AVC Encoder AMF OBS 28.0

Attachments

• 2022-08-09 04-51-35.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 39

keysureshm

I don't personally own any capture devices. You may have better luck asking this question in the #beta-testing on our Discord server, which is more regularly monitored.

You may need to re-link Touch Portal to OBS. I have asked for clarification on this from someone who knows more on this subject.
Thank u for your reply .I don’t know how to relink with obs.but I believe if we start webscoket it will link automatically.and I will get notifications also websocket started like that .but now with 28 Beta no such notifications.so websocket not working with Apple M1.May be..!

energizerfellow

Recently it started crashing when opening the "Video Capture Device". The capture card is AverMedia Live Gamer Portable 2 4K.
Update the firmware on your Avermedia Live Gamer Portable 2 PLUS - GC513. There's a firmware update specific to Windows 11.

Flaeri

Hi! When overloading the AMD HW H.264 and H.265 encoder, it immediately freezes. Only disabling in the task manager helps. When using the old implementation of AMF, the encoder continues to work and does not cause the program to hang. RX 570 (VCE 3.0). I'm just reporting a problem.
AMD HW H 264 OBS 28.0
H264/AVC Encoder AMF OBS 28.0
If you reduce the output resolution to 1920x1080, does it still happen?

Should you want to dig into this a bit more, there are a couple of tests that would be interesting to run. If you wouldnt mind joining the discord, and posting this in the beta channel, we can do some digging. https://obsproject.com/discord

sandrix

If you reduce the output resolution to 1920x1080, does it still happen?

Should you want to dig into this a bit more, there are a couple of tests that would be interesting to run. If you wouldnt mind joining the discord, and posting this in the beta channel, we can do some digging. https://obsproject.com/discord
I deliberately provoked an encoder overload to show this problem. On the RX 570 (VCE 3.0) AMD HW H.264, the encoder works fine at 810p 50 fps, but still, this does not guarantee stable operation. H.265 is much more resource efficient, handling 2K resolution.
Pay attention to the second screenshot. An encoder initialization is usually accompanied by a load spike.

Thanks for the offer to join the Discord community, but unfortunately there is no Google Translate in the discord)) This is a problem for me.

Attachments

• 5O1tlL0.png
    5O1tlL0.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 83
  • sSnJhoV.png
    sSnJhoV.png
    121.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

R4NIERI

Hello,
I was very happy with the new features that OBS 28 will bring and what I expected the most was HDR support.
It's always been really bad to play in HDR and OBS doesn't do tone mapping correctly to SDR.

But now when I use my Avermedia GC553, the image appears reddish.

These are the tweaks I'm using, I don't know if there's something set wrong.

The colors seem to be ok, but in a red tone.

Since there is no support for filters in HDR, I am not able to correct the reddish cast of the image.

Attachments

• Captura de tela 2022-08-09 100300.png
    Captura de tela 2022-08-09 100300.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 83

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
Bonjour,

J'ai encore le problème avec OBS 28,0 avec le Streamdeck, auriez vous une solution svp ?

Merci

The Stream Deck plugin is not yet compatible with the OBS Studio 28 beta. It is not clear if the incompatibility is regarding Apple Silicon, Qt 6, or obs-websocket 5.0. Please check with them about the compatibility of their software.

Emeryck7

Hi Everyone Today i try the beta software on my Mac Mini M1 and i want to SAID: I LOVE IT
With de actually version the Mac use a 36% of CPU and with de beta version MAX use a 11% of CPU. This broadcasting at 1080p 60 fps at 6000kpbs bitrate
I use this Plugins to my Mic from TDK and after the instalation i don`t have any problems. i'm Surprised for that.

¡Hola a todos!
Hoy probé la beta en mi Mac Mini M1 y quiero decir: ME ENCANTA
Con la versión actual, el Mac usa un 36% de CPU y con la versión beta maximo usa un 11% de CPU. Esto transmitiendo a 1080 60 FPS con un bitrate de 6000 kbps.
Uso los complementos TDK para mi micrófono y después de la instalación no he tenido ningún problema. Estoy sorprendido por eso.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-10 a la(s) 12.57.06 a.m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-10 a la(s) 12.57.06 a.m..png
    40.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-10 a la(s) 12.53.58 a.m..png
    Captura de Pantalla 2022-08-10 a la(s) 12.53.58 a.m..png
    85.3 KB · Views: 66
  • OBS 28.0 Beta 1 Mac Mini M1.jpg
    OBS 28.0 Beta 1 Mac Mini M1.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 63

Suslik V

@R4NIERI just wonder, how did you made 32-bit screenshot (8+8+8+8)?

Edit:
But now when I use my Avermedia GC553, the image appears reddish...
the HDR output from this device expected to be like this:
format - P010
range - limited
primaries - BT.2020
transfer - PQ
matrix - BT.2020

Last edited:

R4NIERI

@R4NIERI just wonder, how did you made 32-bit screenshot (8+8+8+8)?

Edit:

the HDR output from this device expected to be like this:
format - P010
range - limited
primaries - BT.2020
transfer - PQ
matrix - BT.2020
Oh thanks, but i tried that setting too and the image still appears reddish.
I took the screenshot through windows, but the image looks like this on the monitor too.
I believe it's a bug with the new HDR format for capturing with this card, as the rest of the people aren't having problems with other cards. I just wanted to make my streamings with the correct color tone map for the SDR content coming from an HDR content.

msmafra

One thing that I just realised is that the build instructions requirements have QT5 packages. Shouldn't it be asking for QT6?

milkmx

Thank you for the huge update! Playing in HDR and streaming in SDR with correct color reproduction is HUGE.

So far the only problem I had is that my CamLink 4k was not displaying correct colors (reddish hue). What I did to fix it was to set the color space of the input to Rec 709.

The problem I have now is that NVENC HEVC encoder is missing in the streaming configuration. I'm currently using a RTX 3090, driver version 511.23. Don't know if it's a bug.

Last edited:
I used an instance of OBS to use HEVC (Elgato 4K60 M.2) for the capture card only and is set for lossless. I used another instance of OBS to capture on output for either recording or streaming. I have to say that this build without 32-bit in beta is amazing. I also love the new QT 6 based UI.

milkmx

Thank you for the huge update! Playing in HDR and streaming in SDR with correct color reproduction is HUGE.

So far the only problem I had is that my CamLink 4k was not displaying correct colors (reddish hue). What I did to fix it was to set the color space of the input to Rec 709.

The problem I have now is that NVENC HEVC encoder is missing in the streaming configuration. I'm currently using a RTX 3090, driver version 511.23. Don't know if it's a bug.
Never mind, all you have to do is select HLS in the Stream options.

milkmx

I see a difference in the whites that are reproduced while gaming and streaming in HDR. As you can see in the image, the white from the texts from the menu's look washed out compared to the white of the browser source.

This is currently on Windows 11. If I capture the game in window capture (bitbit) the tonemapping HDR-SDR is perfect, but in display capture the output is really dim.

Attachments

• 1660165082147.png
    1660165082147.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 46

RytoEX

Forum Admin
Forum Moderator
Developer
I see a difference in the whites that are reproduced while gaming and streaming in HDR. As you can see in the image, the white from the texts from the menu's look washed out compared to the white of the browser source.

This is currently on Windows 11. If I capture the game in window capture (bitbit) the tonemapping HDR-SDR is perfect, but in display capture the output is really dim.
Please provide an OBS log file of when this issue occurred/occurs. Without that, it's difficult to make any guesses.

milkmx

Please provide an OBS log file of when this issue occurred/occurs. Without that, it's difficult to make any guesses.
1660168637784.png
1660168708733.png

Hopefully you can see the difference in the tone of the white of the Read Dead text title. The second picture was taken when the game was in HDR, but in borderless mode (the screenshot is from OBS preview).

Also, the camera bug is back. I know this bug is new in this beta version because it was not happening in the previous, and it does not happen in any other app.

To solve the Camlink bug, I have to disconnect the Camlink from the PC, and reconnect it.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 2022-08-08 18-59-24.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

azaire1180

Bonjour,

J'ai envoyé un mail complet chez Elgato avec comme source le forum.

Concernant la capture d'un jeux comme World of Warcraft, que dois je utiliser ?

Écran macOS ( fonctionne pas chez moi )

capture écran ( vieux ? pourquoi ?)

Merci
Capture d’écran 2022-08-11 à 00.10.06.png

Capture d’écran 2022-08-11 à 00.18.23.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.