OBS Studio 24.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

firynth

Ok, good to know it's known and already fixed. So far, I'm loving this update. Only thing I would suggest is being able to reorder the audio sources in the menu. If it's already a thing, please let me know because I can't figure it out for the life of me.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Ok, good to know it's known and already fixed. So far, I'm loving this update. Only thing I would suggest is being able to reorder the audio sources in the menu. If it's already a thing, please let me know because I can't figure it out for the life of me.

It's on our endless wishlist but in the meantime, they're sorted alphabetically.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Hey, between update v23.2.1 and v24.0.0 RC1 there is a visual difference in the way my transitions are being handled.

Just to explain I have made custom transitions at 1600x903 to be played on a 1920x1084 canvas. Reason is that I use the bottom pixels as a logic controller for stuff on a different OBS that looks at them bottom pixels to determin what should be showing and how much.

This isn't really fixable, since your source video resolution is not a multiple of 4. This is against the specs of a lot of codecs and hardware decoding apparently requires a multiple of 4. If possible, resize your video to 1600 x 904 and this should fix the issue.

Bulletfever409

That particular crash is caused by the Restream integration. It's a known issue on our side.

Changes were made on our side to be able to manage audio from browser sources. CEF can generate multiple audio streams, and the RC only handles one, which is why you're having issues. Jim pushed a fix to the OBS codebase an hour ago, which should solve the issue (and it did in my testing). Thank you for confirming it's an issue in the wild, as we were only able to reproduce it with SL alerts.

Perfect! Managed to fix the issue now. Just disconnected my restream account and used streamkey. No issues now, even got a couple plugins and my theme back in working fine!

MrKangTV

Gave popping noises and whines instead of game and mic audio. I reverted back to my previous version for now, as I wasn't aware of this until 10 minutes into my stream. Also had a crash on start up, but I managed to track down the isssue, it was a file I have on loop using media source, when I removed it, the problem stopped.

Logs from earlier. https://pastebin.com/EjzensBL

Kang Gaming

Loving the update, but with the inclusion of customizable docks, OBS really needs a way to refresh the docks. Unless I am not seeing it, you can't refresh the docks if they crash or to load in new information.

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
Loving the update, but with the inclusion of customizable docks, OBS really needs a way to refresh the docks. Unless I am not seeing it, you can't refresh the docks if they crash or to load in new information.
Ideally, the webpage itself should be using AJAX to dynamically fetch updated information, but for pages that don't you can focus the panel itself and hit Ctrl+R to reload the page.

Kang Gaming

Ideally, the webpage itself should be using AJAX to dynamically fetch updated information, but for pages that don't you can focus the panel itself and hit Ctrl+R to reload the page.

Aww that is helpful! Yeah, a lot of the pages I've added don't automatically refresh. Even the restream dock that breaks sometimes.

Zone15

I have a found a bug so far, when I start OBS, it has my camera (Logitech C922) set to full range even though it is set to partial. It also seems to have the color space for the camera set incorrectly as well. Even after I fix the settings and restart OBS, the camera is back at full even though it's set to partial. It is not until I change the color space or change it to full and back to partial does it fix it.

rodney4299

I did get one crash when adding a source (and forgot to get the log before I left the building), but the new release candidate worked well for me. Specifically, it seemed to resolve my Max Audio Buffering Reached issue with my Media Source source for my PTZ camera (further details for that issue can be found here: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...min-then-drops-low-and-never-recovers.109074/). I haven't had a chance to do any intensive testing yet, but after a couple hours of testing and recording a 1 hour and 30 min sermon without issues, things seemed to work well. Thanks!

Updated (8/24/19): attached the crash report

Attachments

• Crash 2019-08-21 17-08-22.txt
    80.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
I did get one crash when adding a source (and forgot to get the log before I left the building), but the new release candidate worked well for me. Specifically, it seemed to resolve my Max Audio Buffering Reached issue with my Media Source source for my PTZ camera (further details for that issue can be found here: https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...min-then-drops-low-and-never-recovers.109074/). I haven't had a chance to do any intensive testing yet, but after a couple hours of testing and recording a 1 hour and 30 min sermon without issues, things seemed to work well. Thanks!
You can fetch past crash reports using Help -> Crash Reports. If you could upload the crash report, that'll help us ensure it's not a regression somewhere. Glad to hear it solved an issue for you: max audio buffering is usually caused by one of two things: 1) high CPU usage 2) timestamps out of sync / mismatched sample rate.

PoisonedPanther

I've noticed that there appears to be a limit of 5 browsers open before issues start to arise. I have 3 browser sources total, 2 on screen at a time (I have 2 different chat overlays for different scenes) and if my total browsers open doesn't surpass 5, everything works fine. As soon as I add a 6th browser open by adding a dock, my browser sources in my scenes will start to visually freeze if they get hidden and then unhidden. This can be done by either toggling visibility with the eye, or switching scenes. This is consistent with any combination of browser sources to docks that I have tested, and refreshing the browser source will unfreeze it. As long as the browser stays visible it will not be frozen. Sounds will still play and everything, the browsers in the scene just visually freeze. This is on a completely fresh profile and scene collection with nothing changed other than adding the browser source, but it will happen on any profile and scene collection I have.
Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/1_46-i84OxtcpPbC

Last edited:

WizardCM

Forum Moderator
Community Helper
I've noticed that there appears to be a limit of 5 browsers open before issues start to arise. I have 3 browser sources total, 2 on screen at a time (I have 2 different chat overlays for different scenes) and if my total browsers open doesn't surpass 5, everything works fine. As soon as I add a 6th browser open by adding a dock, my browser sources in my scenes will start to visually freeze if they get hidden and then unhidden.

Thank you for the reproduction steps! I've been trying to track down this one for a few days, but my testing install only had 3 browser panels/sources. I can confirm with 6 that the freeze occurs.

Bulletfever409

Gave popping noises and whines instead of game and mic audio. I reverted back to my previous version for now, as I wasn't aware of this until 10 minutes into my stream. Also had a crash on start up, but I managed to track down the isssue, it was a file I have on loop using media source, when I removed it, the problem stopped.

Logs from earlier. https://pastebin.com/EjzensBL
I had this same issue when I went to actually stream. Couldn't for the life of me fine the issue. It's a shame having to revert back because the dock update is so good for me!

rodney4299

Greetings, I was able to stream (about an hour and a half) and simultaneously record (~40 min) successfully before the audio dropped out on the Facebook stream and the recording. The mixer waveform was still jumping, so there seemed to be audio still flowing into OBS from the camera, but no audio played on the stream or recorded video file after that point. I then closed OBS and received the attached crash report. I've also attached the log file and have provided a link to the recorded video for reference (see minute 40:44 for audio drop out). Thanks for all of your great work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Video Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16kVMpuGPAUt4OdTrEDULMx7yO-yNvfUJ

Attachments

• Crash 2019-08-25 11-52-04.txt
    77.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 2019-08-25 10-10-10.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 76

AaronZ

Done several streams with this version and its yet to crash, I only have two browser sources however.

Unfortunately doesn't fix low end laptops with 800/900 series GPUs needing to force OBS to launch with integrated graphics in order to use Intel QSV (see here), I'd really like to use my 940M for rendering.

Status
Not open for further replies.