Question / Help OBS Studio 24.0.2 crashes on startup

bryce_griffin

Hello all,

I updated OBS Studio 32-bit to 24.0.2 and have immediately run into a problem where the program crashes on startup. OBS 64-bit reports "Failed to Initialize Video." I had no issues whatsoever before updating. I tried updating my GeForce GTX 1070 to address this issue, but this did not solve anything.

See attached the crash file. Any help or suggestions is greatly-appreciated.

—Bryce

Attachments

• Crash 2019-10-11 17-47-38.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 49

Marshe Valias

That's essentially the same thing I'm dealing with as well, just updated it upon launching it today, and am currently getting the "Woops, OBS has crashed!" with this log, which upon looking, is pretty similar to yours.
I'd also updated my GeForce GTX 960, thinking the same thing.

Attachments

• Crash log.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 30

bryce_griffin

I'm not familiar with the program's inner workings, but if multiple people receive the same issue after upgrading, there may be a bug with the new release. Purely speculating, of course.

Marshe Valias

Well, I just picked up the installer directly for the new version and re-ran it, after that it seemed to work, though I was using x32 before, now using x64, I'd give that a try!

DLS4688

same here, just updated and the same error on start "Woops, OBS has crashed!", was using the x32 version too, downloaded the x64 version and installed and its working fine

Attachments

• Crash 2019-10-11 20-23-04.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 25

bryce_griffin

I downloaded the x64 version from the OBS website and that seems to launch all right. However, I run the 32-bit version so that I can use AmaRecTV with a GV USB2 capture card. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program but still run into the "Woops, OBS has crashed!" fault when launching the 32-bit version.

See attached the crash log that came with the fresh install.

Thanks for your responses and suggestions so far, guys. I appreciate it!

Attachments

• Crash 2019-10-11 20-41-51.txt
    14.9 KB · Views: 21

ImmortalJoker66

Even tho 24.0.3 fixed it for him now my OBS Studio crashes after launching. It was working fine yesterday but when I wanted to stream this morning OBS Stuido crashes.

carlmmii

Post a new thread with your crash log. This thread is now irrelevant due to it being version specific to 24.0.2.