OBS Studio 23.0 Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLAF_SAVAGE

! i have a problem when I stream There is no desktop sound in my obs is only on the beta version on the normal its works fine! Someone knows what to do?

! i have a problem when I stream There is no desktop sound in my obs is only on the beta version on the normal its works fine! Someone knows what to do?

Two places:
1. The Windows Sounds properties in the Playback tab, check to see what is at the default. Inspect your audio properties if needed.
2. In OBS, next to the Desktop Audio properties, click the sprocket and then Properties. It might be set to the default, which should tie to the MME default audio, but sometimes you have to change it to the sound card selected.

SkiaTheShade

I've been testing the new OBS RC and it seems no matter what NVENC settings I am getting an "Encoder Overloaded" message and my stream quality gets really choppy and laggy, but OBS shows no dropped frames or issues other then the "Encoder Overloaded" message. Is anyone else having this issue? I have an RTX 2070, i7 9700k, and 16GB of RAM with 2 1440p monitors, one is 144hz with G-Sync and the other is 60hz.

I've been testing the new OBS RC and it seems no matter what NVENC settings I am getting an "Encoder Overloaded" message and my stream quality gets really choppy and laggy, but OBS shows no dropped frames or issues other then the "Encoder Overloaded" message. Is anyone else having this issue? I have an RTX 2070, i7 9700k, and 16GB of RAM with 2 1440p monitors, one is 144hz with G-Sync and the other is 60hz.
Going to guess a few things as i have seen this a lot lately.
You are on Nvidia 418.91?
Streaming Apex?

NEE

Had the same issue until I set the process priority to High in Advanced settings.

RTX 2080 Ti, i7 7700k, 16GB Ram, with 2 1440p monitors, 144hz with G-Sync and the other is 60hz

Is this a common issue? I'm using driver version 419.17 and streaming World of Warcraft.
Yes, very common. The thing is that OBS needs some GPU no matter what codec you are using. OBS uses this for rendering purposes. Just like Chrome uses GPU when you use hardware accelerator. You get the idea. Solution is to limit GPU usage in game just enough so that you have a little bit for OBS. Limit fps works great for this purpose. 418.91 was really bad. It helped me a lot going back to 417.71. However, i haven't tried 419.71 which is supposed to have some Nvenc enhancements.

SkiaTheShade

Had the same issue until I set the process priority to High in Advanced settings.

RTX 2080 Ti, i7 7700k, 16GB Ram, with 2 1440p monitors, 144hz with G-Sync and the other is 60hz

I did that as well, it seems to help but it's still pretty frequent.

Yes, very common. The thing is that OBS needs some GPU no matter what codec you are using. OBS uses this for rendering purposes. Just like Chrome uses GPU when you use hardware accelerator. You get the idea. Solution is to limit GPU usage in game just enough so that you have a little bit for OBS. Limit fps works great for this purpose. 418.91 was really bad. It helped me a lot going back to 417.71. However, i haven't tried 419.71 which is supposed to have some Nvenc enhancements.

Yeah that makes total sense. I never had this issue on my previous hardware and the old NVENC though, which should have less headroom then this.

MrMarblz

Can we get an updated ETA on the version 23 official release? I know that question is annoying, and the answer is likely "it's done when it's done". But I haven't seen anything from the mod's about it in awhile, and I am very excited about this one. Thanks!

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Presumably that reaction was to the part of my message about the announcement of the expected release date.

MrMarblz

Apologies for the lack of announcements. We were planning on releasing this past Thursday, but that afternoon we got word about the passing of a member of the OBS team, and decided to delay the release. Our new target release date is Monday morning PST.

My most sincere condolences to the OBS team and the member's family. Please take whatever time you guys need, I know what it is like to deal with a close loss. I apologize for asking, I had no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.