Obs stops streaming to twitch, but says its still connected with 0kb/s bitrate (logs attached)

TheWalkingFishy

So this is an issue I started running into on my old laptop. My stream randomly stops on twitch and my OBS still says I'm streaming. I originally thought it was the laptops issue, so I payed it no attention. I recently upgraded to a new desktop, and the issue still persists. Today I was test streaming. I ran the first stream for about 1 hour 30 minutes, then realized the broadcast stopped on twitches side. The VOD on my twitch channel is about 1 hour 20 minutes long, which gives me reason to believe that the stream stopped at the 1:20:00 mark. I ran another stream right after clearing my logs to re-create the issue to see if anything appeared in them. To my notice, there is nothing in the logs that appears to tell me the issue. I could be wrong though, as I don't 100% understand this stuff. Attached are 2 logs and 1 screen shot. The first txt file is the log I saved as soon as I saw the bit-rate (in the bottom right corner of OBS) go to 0, as well as my Twitch Stats window showing me offline. The second txt file is what I saved from the same log after I hit the "stop streaming" button. Please note that I had to click this button twice, as only clicking it once put the button in a state where it was saying "stopping stream" forever. The screenshot attached is what I though could possibly be more info for you guys to help me. It is a screenshot of some of the windows in OBS before I clicked the "stop streaming" button. Thanks much for the help. Looking forward to solving this bizarre issue.

Thanks much,
Sam

Attachments

• BeforeClickingStopStream.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 21
  • AfterManualStopStreaming.txt
    17.4 KB · Views: 30
  • WhatObsSaysAfterTwitchDisconnects.png
    WhatObsSaysAfterTwitchDisconnects.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 58

Harold

Turn dynamic bitrate off. Your connection is unstable, and because you're using a hardware encoder, that instability is causing the encoder to crash.

TheWalkingFishy

Turn dynamic bitrate off. Your connection is unstable, and because you're using a hardware encoder, that instability is causing the encoder to crash.
Ah I see. Thanks so much! I'll turn that setting off and run the stream all night long to see if it is still up and running in the morning. Does OBS not throw an error in the log when it detects the encoder crashing?