OBS ShaderFilter Plus

OBS ShaderFilter Plus v0.3.1

Surge42

That is, admittedly, not a very helpful error message, which is going to be fixed in the next release. This error means that you have not chosen the shader source file using the "Browse" button. You can try downloading one of the example shaders as described in the guide.
Thanks man I'll give it a try.

Spinball

Errr. So the .dll is in the correct folder, I go to add a filter and I presumably click the Browse button to pick a shader? What to do next isn't explained in the guide. Where would I find a shader?
Could you add a FAQ, maybe, please? To explain what to do next? I want to add a drop shadow filter.
Thanks

Surge42

I have the plugin installed correctly but every time I select a GLSL script from GLSL Sandbox the scripts are never allowed to run. Has anyone here successfully run a GLSL script using this plugin? If yes, could you reply with instructions? Much thanks

Scottmac327

I get the following error message when I try to add fft.hlsl -

Could not create the effect due to the following error: C:/Users/Scott/OneDrive/obs/plugins/fft.hlsl (27, 1): Expected 'type'

C:/Users/Scott/OneDrive/obs/plugins/fft.hlsl (1258, 138): Expected 'type'

C:/Users/Scott/OneDrive/obs/plugins/fft.hlsl (1283, 147): Expected 'type'

C:/Users/Scott/OneDrive/obs/plugins/fft.hlsl (1410, 41): Expected 'type'

C:/Users/Scott/OneDrive/obs/plugins/fft.hlsl (1557, 1): Unexpected EOF

Marcopole11

Hi, I'm kinda new on that shaders stuff and I'm trying to do a shader that makes dark scenes less dark.
The problem is that the render function works for every pixel instead of the whole image. So I can't know if the rest of the screen is dark too.
1608282175977.png

So Dark scenes look great, but shinny scenes lost his dark areas like the forest on picture 2.
Also when it blends from light to dark, it looks weird and ungly like picture 3.
How can I get the rest of pixels information to avoid that? I tried global variables but it says that global variables are strictly constant.

This is the code I got so far:
Code:
float4 render(float2 uv) {
    float4 image_color = image.Sample(builtin_texture_sampler, uv);
    float brillo = (image_color[0]+image_color[1]+image_color[2])/3;
    if(brillo < 0.079){
        return lerp(float4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0), image_color, 2.5);
    } else if(brillo < 0.099){
        return lerp(float4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0), image_color, 2.5-((brillo-0.079)*75));
    } else {
        return lerp(float4(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0), image_color, 1);
    }
}

thewitt

I'm new to OBS and have not looked into the system architecture yet. Software engineer - though I have not done any serious code development in a decade.

What's generally required to support the Mac with this type of extension?

Yoshimon

I'm sorry. I am completely brain dead to all this. I've installed Shaderfilter plus...how do I install the examples and other shaders to use them? (i.e. where do you go to get the examples and other shaders?) I couldn't find a step-by-step tutorial on how to install it. Thanks.

HenkoHallows

I'm sorry. I am completely brain dead to all this. I've installed Shaderfilter plus...how do I install the examples and other shaders to use them? (i.e. where do you go to get the examples and other shaders?) I couldn't find a step-by-step tutorial on how to install it. Thanks.
I have the examples folder but nothing works it wont even see the files. and if i say show all files and click the shader file it just spits out errors... None of the tutorials I've found give me the .dll files for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_E0kslc2xE that I tried to start with, nothing seems work :t

This is the examples folder https://github.com/Oncorporation/obs-shaderfilter/tree/master/data/examples
Hope it works for you Yoshimon <3

Slick_J

I have the previous version of the Shaderfilters plugin and it works flawlessly. I am trying to help some friends add the new one to their OBS since the previous version is no longer available. The filter options shows but no actual filters are in the repository. Is there any way to convert the old filters to the new format or do they have to be individually recreated?

MrX101

Considering denoising shaders exist in game development, would it be possible to implement one into ShaderFilter? Since it would help a lot of people with shitty webcams or bad lighting.

ItsCurlyHair

I downloaded the plugin but when I added to the plug-in folder I won't show up in OBS the user define filter a my installing it wrong?

Eclipsebear

I need help using the Obs shadier plug in please is any one able to help me please i have followed the instructions of putting it in to my obs plugins and when i go to add the filter and click on the browse button i get nothing in the file can some one please help me thanks you :)

Tonyturbo78

Same here. Installed the .dll into the obs-plugins>64bit, but when you hit browse to find the shader you want for the filter, there are no files found. Anyone help here as I've seen many others ask the same question with absolutely no reply.

JusJayD

Does anyone know how to create new shade filters? I've got several that i used to use but can longer use them since the update.