OBS ShaderFilter Plus

OBS ShaderFilter Plus v0.3.1

khaver

@JusJayD which shaders were you using. I may be able to port them to stand-alone LUA filter scripts that don't need the ShaderFilter plugin.

khaver

@JusJayD, here's my port of the ShaderFilter Rainbow effect. Load the shaderfilter-rainbow.lua file and you should now find a Rainbow filter to add to your sources.

Unzip to your scripts folder.

Attachments

• shaderfilter-rainbow.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 520

SkeletonBow

I hit on a bug that lead to OBS crashing whilst I tried to develop a small shader for this plugin. My code had an incorrectly closed { } pair and this lead to the whole of OBS crashing. It's easily reproducible with the following code:

C-like:
float4 render(float2 uv) {
{
    return image.Sample(builtin_texture_sampler, uv);
}

While I could fix my code by removing the spurious { is it possible to report the syntax error without a crash?
This crash is actually due to a bug in OBS Studio itself. The shader parser in OBS has a number of quirks that can cause it to crash hard, and mismatched brackets/parens are one of them. Another one is putting a pre-processor statement on the first line of a shader file, such as a #define or #include. I make sure every shader file has at least a one line comment at the very top to avoid that bug. There are various other bugs in OBS's shader parser also. All of these bugs will affect every one of the various Shader plugins available for OBS as they all read the shader files, optionally add templated elements to them, and then pass it right to OBS.

scrimshaw

I stumbled upon a Keyer Filter for an older version of the ShaderFilter. It looks pretty awesome, but it doesn't work in the ShaderFilter Plus: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BroWQ7qG0mSdUfo87UFhxOHe-t0C7x7r?usp=sharing It is by @Eki Halkka here in the forums:

Eki Halkka

Has anyone taken a stab at converting that to the new file format used by ShaderFilter Plus?
I just exported Halsu's Despill shaderfilter to a Lua by hacking away at the rainbow shader port that @khaver put together. It works so I'm sharing it. Load the Halsu Despill.lua file and you should now find a Halsu Despill filter to add to your sources.

Attachments

• Halsu Despill.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 165

bradtem

I just exported Halsu's Despill shaderfilter to a Lua by hacking away at the rainbow shader port that @khaver put together. It works so I'm sharing it. Load the Halsu Despill.lua file and you should now find a Halsu Despill filter to add to your sources.
Cool. Halkka's filter was impressive and powerful, lots of stuff beyond despill. I still find that my hair is always twinkling on any use of OBS chromakey.

One feature he implemented was a way to take an image of the background (ie. the greenscreen but even other objects) and use it as the base for comparison at an pixel. Let you have many flaws in your greenscreen and even use anything as a key.

A wishlist for this would be a tool that lets me take a snapshot right in the filter config or by some other means -- I find the colours and patterns in a greenscreen vary from day to day, particularly if there are windows in the room that can alter lighting, or if cameras change colour balance etc. Or creases appear in the cloth. A super smart chromakey would not only take a snap, it would adapt it as you use it, noticing what has been declared as part of the key mask, and adjusting the base as it changes to some degree. Sadly, what I chromakey in OBS never looks nearly as pro as what you can get in video editing software. (Video editors also let you combine chromakey masks so if there are different shades left and right on your screen you can handle it. OBS filter combining doesn't work that way, as both keys need to work on the pre-filter video to produce two masks that you can then AND (or OR depending on your view.)

Spinball

I have the previous version of the Shaderfilters plugin and it works flawlessly. I am trying to help some friends add the new one to their OBS since the previous version is no longer available. The filter options shows but no actual filters are in the repository. Is there any way to convert the old filters to the new format or do they have to be individually recreated?
I'm in the same situation.
There are lots of people asking for help on how the hell to use this plugin and there are *no* useful replies.
The majority of people are not technically advanced enough to figure out what is going on.
As suggested in my previous post in this thread, could someone please help with a FAQ so people can actually use this?
Deleting it until I can get some help.
Many thanks.

Spinball

I should say that I'm grateful to @Limeth for creating this plugin. I use the old shaderfilter for drop shadows.
1678795320538.png

How do I do this with Shaderfilter Plus?