OBS Scene Timer

Free OBS Scene Timer v2.0.2

sampie777

Is there a way to remotely monitor the scene timer countdown with a phone?

No, there isn't. But you could get creative and use some remote desktop / screen sharing software.
Or you could ask a programmer to create a timer client, listening to the OBS Scene Timer "remote sync" websocket server.

Lyndondr

No, there isn't. But you could get creative and use some remote desktop / screen sharing software.
Or you could ask a programmer to create a timer client, listening to the OBS Scene Timer "remote sync" websocket server.
I was hoping there would be a way to point a browser from a phone or otherwise monitor to the timers.

IsaacOB1

Hi!,

Really great little timer which has been a huge help during livestreams.

We need the timer on two screens, one for us managing the live stream and one for the presenter. Is there a way to run 2 instances of the program on the same computer or on two separate computers?

Also does this work with Mac OS?

Thanks again :)

sampie777

Hi!,

Really great little timer which has been a huge help during livestreams.

We need the timer on two screens, one for us managing the live stream and one for the presenter. Is there a way to run 2 instances of the program on the same computer or on two separate computers?

Also does this work with Mac OS?

Thanks again :)

Hi IsaacOB1,
You can run multiple instances of OBS Scene Timer. Just enable the Remote Sync Server for one instance and the other instances can be Remote Sync Clients. See this 'Remote Sync' section for more information about this. These instances can run on the same or on different computers. In the latter case, make sure to specify the right IP address for the Remote Sync Client in the application Settings.

You can use the obs-scene-timer.JAR (not the .exe) file to run on Mac OS ;)

bobbiev

This app is so helpful - thank you. I'd like to feed the output back into OBS as a source, so it can be included in "talkback" scenes I use to send to remote presenters. I've tried using Window Capture, but because the app's window changes name, when I navigate away from the "talkback" scene, OBS loses the connection. This happens even when I set the "window match priority" in the window capture properties to "Match title, otherwise find window of same executable".

Would it be possible to have an option for the app to keep the same application title regardless of the scene it's timing? Or to output as an NDI stream? Thanks!

sampie777

sampie777 updated OBS Scene Timer with a new update entry:

v1.5.0

Some requested features were added, like Grouping Scenes, Hot Keys, and Customizable Window Title.

- Group scenes so that the timer doesn't reset between grouped scene changes.
- Reset scene time limit to default value by inserting -1 as time limit. (The new time limit will be automatically calculated and inserted, so you won't ever actually see the -1 as it automatically jumps to its new default value.)
- Added hotkeys/shortkeys. Check the README if they aren't obvious enough.
- Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

sampie777

This app is so helpful - thank you. I'd like to feed the output back into OBS as a source, so it can be included in "talkback" scenes I use to send to remote presenters. I've tried using Window Capture, but because the app's window changes name, when I navigate away from the "talkback" scene, OBS loses the connection. This happens even when I set the "window match priority" in the window capture properties to "Match title, otherwise find window of same executable".

Would it be possible to have an option for the app to keep the same application title regardless of the scene it's timing? Or to output as an NDI stream? Thanks!

Hi Bobbiev,

As requested, your suggested feature is implemented in the new 1.5.0 version release. Head to the Settings and change the Window Title to a custom title, like "OBS Scene Timer". Then, OBS' Window Capture should work as the window title no longer changes each second.

SimonS

Hi,

I have installed obs-scene-timer.exe on same Windows 10 system as OBS 64-bit and have started experimenting with it. A couple of questions.

1) I can't find any log files, the information panel says log location is "null". Does logging need to be initialised to see them? if so how?

2) I've tried a number of media files (.mp4 and .mp3), none of them showed their time automatically, they all showed 0. If I put -1 in the time field one of them showed the correct time. The files are on the same system. I see you are cautious about automatically getting the time. Can you give suggestions as to when it will and when it wont work please?

As a feature request, could you allow the scene length to be input in "hr:min:sec" format to match the format given in the file properties panel, it would save a bit of brain calculation and might allow a copy and paste entry.

Thank you for a useful utility which will help us a lot.

SimonS

I restarted OBS and OBS-scene-timer today and a log file was reported and all but one media lengths was correctly set. The log file is attached, it shows the issues of not getting media timings, but nothing appears to show why. The startup log is different between the two startups is different, possibly in expected ways.

Attachments

• obs-scene-timer.log
    108 KB · Views: 55

sampie777

Hi,

I have installed obs-scene-timer.exe on same Windows 10 system as OBS 64-bit and have started experimenting with it. A couple of questions.

1) I can't find any log files, the information panel says log location is "null". Does logging need to be initialised to see them? if so how?

2) I've tried a number of media files (.mp4 and .mp3), none of them showed their time automatically, they all showed 0. If I put -1 in the time field one of them showed the correct time. The files are on the same system. I see you are cautious about automatically getting the time. Can you give suggestions as to when it will and when it wont work please?

As a feature request, could you allow the scene length to be input in "hr:min:sec" format to match the format given in the file properties panel, it would save a bit of brain calculation and might allow a copy and paste entry.

Thank you for a useful utility which will help us a lot.

Hi SimonS,

Thanks for the feedback.
In the upcoming version, I've added that time formatted input.

I've also added length calculation support for VLC sources. From your log file I assume you have VLC sources set up and that the length of these sources aren't being calculated. For now it was only supported for default Media Sources. I hope that will fix it.

sampie777

v1.6.0

In this new update some requested features were added:
  • Insert time as seconds or as (H):mm:ss notation. 121 seconds will be converted to 2:01. Arrow keys still work. And inserting -1 will reset the limit value to the default value.
  • In Windows, the timer progress will be visually displayed in the task bar. Including green, yellow and red colors.
  • In the last 10 seconds (adjustable), the timer screen will flash to catch your attention.

Further more, the following small...

Paramike

First, I would like to note that OBS Scene Timer is my number one used add-on in OBS Studio. I cannot thank you enough.

I would like to make some suggestions.

1st … I would like to suggest that OBS Scene Timer Start at the same time OBS Studio starts. I have created a simple bat (dos-batch) that opens both. But it seems that OBS Scene Timer could be added to the scene’s within OBS Studio as a way to start OBS-ST ….

2. … I would also suggest that a plug-in be created that combines OBS Scene Timer, and the Multiview Window within OBS Studio into one window. This would allow one to monitor time as well as switch scenes quickly and on time.

I have added a picture of what this might look like.

Attachments

• IMG_8365.jpg
    IMG_8365.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 116

Bairespm

Hola muchas gracias por compartir tu aplicación, consulta, podrías agregar la función que siempre está en la parte superior, para que no se esconda si abro otro programa.

sugerencia. Podría abrirse en html para poder agregarlo como un panel a mi obs .. me parece una aplicación obs fundamental. Te felicito.

Gracias

sampie777

Can we expect an update soon?

Hello, apologies for the radio silence. The end of the year is always a very busy time..

I will look in the four suggestions made be you guys:
- start OBS Scène Timer when OBS starts
- use OBS Scène Timer as video source, so it can be visible inside the OBS multiview window. (I'm not planning on creating a custom plugin for OBS itself as Paramike suggested).
- always keep OBS Scène Timer on top
- a custom OBS window panel for OBS Scène Timer

Happy new year

sampie777

v1.7.0

Long time no see

Here's a new update thanks to your feedback!

Features:
  • HTML web client is now available for use (separate download)
  • Added automatic update notifier
  • Added 'Always on top' functionality

Fixes:
  • Fixed OBS Scene Timer not shutting down correctly when OBS has already been shut down
  • Fixed Config error not showing correct property file
  • Fixed some tests
  • Updated screenshots

HTML Client

A separate...

MikeInMichigan

Can't seem to get running with auto media length sense / VLC Playlist length on new Mac w/ M1 chip (Monterey 12.1). Older system (Intel i7, also with Monterey 12.1) works perfectly. Latest everything: Java, Socket Server, and OST 1.7.1. Works well EXCEPT the media length named above. Thoughts?

Fred Warren

I have upgraded from OBS v27 to OBS v28 and am not able to get this plugin to connect to the websocket. I have set OBS to port 4444 without authentication. Even so ws://localhost:4444 will not connect. Is this a known issue? Is there any thing else I can do to help with troubleshooting?