OBS Scene Timer

Free OBS Scene Timer v2.0.2

sampie777

sampie777 submitted a new resource:

OBS Scene Timer - Time scene durations and when scene reaches it's end time

This application times the duration of each scene. When a time limit for a scene is set, a countdown timer will be shown in the application. When a scene approaches this time limit, the display turns orange. When this time limit has passed, the display will turn red.

This application is useful when streaming video's or songs, because it will give you an exact indication of the video/song duration and when you must prepare to switch to the next scene.

The only setup it requires:
- specify...

Read more about this resource...

sampie777

sampie777

How to training setup STEP BY STEP ? VIDEO ? thanks you so much
I don't know what to do with obs-websocket folder ????? , OBS Scene Timer folder ??????? location copy ?

Hi Xuanbui,
Thank you for your feedback. I've created a textual step by step guide for the whole setup and usage process. Please check it out here:

For your other question: OBS Scene Timer does not require a special folder to be placed it. You can place it in any folder you want or just leave it in your Downloads folder.
For questions about obs-websocket, please ask them to the creator of that plugin here: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-websocket-remote-control-obs-studio-from-websockets.466/

sampie777

I'm using the latest version of windows 10 ... I have installed WebSocket and I have downloaded the jar file ... but when I try to open it in chrome I get a white screen ... Please help

You need to run the .jar file with Java, not open it in Chrome ;)
Try: right click on the obs-scene-timer.jar file and then "Open with..." and chose the Java option.

Paramike

You need to run the .jar file with Java, not open it in Chrome ;)
Try: right click on the obs-scene-timer.jar file and then "Open with..." and chose the Java option.
Thank you for your quick response...

I have tried to open OBS-Scene-Timer as you suggested, I have also tried to open as admin as well. I get a black (what looks like command prompt) box opens and closes ... then nothing? any suggestions ...

I have not had any problems setting up the OBS WebSocket, I can see it is up and running fine ...

sampie777

I have tried to open OBS-Scene-Timer as you suggested, I have also tried to open as admin as well. I get a black (what looks like command prompt) box opens and closes ... then nothing? any suggestions ...

I have not had any problems setting up the OBS WebSocket, I can see it is up and running fine ...

I'm sorry that the application won't run on your computer. It's strange, as I've tested it on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 18 and it worked every time. So I suspect something is wrong with or missing in your Java installation.

Try Googling: "How to run a executable JAR file" and see if you are missing something. Maybe this website can help: https://windowsreport.com/jar-file-windows/.
It is supposed to be really easy, just like an .exe file. Once running, you are supposed to see the window like in the screenshots, not an command prompt window.

Great to hear OBS Websocket is running fine!

sampie777

I added an .exe file to the downloads page. Hope it will work for you! You can download it here: obs-scene-timer-1.0.3.exe

Please let me know if it solves your problem.

Paramike

It opened and is working ... I trying it out and would be happy to give feedback if you would like...
the .exe worked perfect thank you

sampie777

If I use the exe remote I don't see the Duration time they still on 0 all

You need to set the duration time manually (in seconds), especially if you are using OBS Scene Timer on another computer. You can do this by typing in the desired number(s) or by using the arrow keys to increase or decrease the duration number (focus on the correct input by clicking with the mouse).

Example, if you have two scenes: scene 1 and scene 2, and you want to have a time limit / count down for scene 2, then you click on the input field right next to scene 2 and enter the desired amount of seconds you want the time limit to be.

More information in the step by step guide, step 3.4

Paramike

I run a talk show. This is almost perfect for that… here are my suggestion
  • I would like to see an overall show time … my show is 60 min. So, I suggest an input preshow where I could put in 60 min or 3600 sec … and have that number count down.
  • I also suggest putting an auto-start filter in plugins so your app would start when I open OBS-Studio
  • Give the user the ability to slide the two sides with a moving centerline.
  • Also make it so I can shrink the clock smaller …
So far, the app has great promise … thank you

sampie777

sampie777 updated OBS Scene Timer with a new update entry:

v1.1.0

This new update contains the following:
  • Auto (re)connect to OBS. So no longer starting OBS before starting OBS Scene Timer! Timer won't be interrupted if connection with OBS is lost.
  • Font size of the timer clocks can be adjusted in the user.properties file (see readme for more information)
  • Added a fancy icon for the application, which also turns red when the time limit has been reached...

Read the rest of this update entry...

mattharris

I found that this was crashing in my environment - I created issue #1 in the repository for this.

Subsequent investigations showed that the library being used for reading video info was deprecated and a new replacement recommended for use.

I've submitted a pull request containing this changed library.

sampie777

I found that this was crashing in my environment - I created issue #1 in the repository for this.

Subsequent investigations showed that the library being used for reading video info was deprecated and a new replacement recommended for use.

I've submitted a pull request containing this changed library.

Thank you for your contribution! Your pull request has been merged and will be available in the next release (1.2.0).

sampie777

I run a talk show. This is almost perfect for that… here are my suggestion
  • I would like to see an overall show time … my show is 60 min. So, I suggest an input preshow where I could put in 60 min or 3600 sec … and have that number count down.
  • I also suggest putting an auto-start filter in plugins so your app would start when I open OBS-Studio
  • Give the user the ability to slide the two sides with a moving centerline.
  • Also make it so I can shrink the clock smaller …
So far, the app has great promise … thank you

I'm glad to here the application of good use for you! Thank you for your suggestions.

As you may have seen, some of them are already implemented in release 1.1.0. I hope the possibility to change the font size in the user.properties file suits your needs. In the future this may be made dynamically.

Next release will contain the adjustable panel sizes.

The overall duration of the show is very user specific, as the 'start' time of the show may not commonly be determined by the streaming/recording start time. You can see the overall streaming and recording time in OBS, usually in the bottom status bar. However, I can add these timers also to OBS Scene Timer and let the user decide whether or not to display these timers. Please let me know if you prefer this solution over using the default OBS timers.

Let me know if there is anything else.

ksn88pl

This is my first post In this section. I wanted to say hello to everyone.
I am looking for a plugin that will count the time of activity of a selected game window. I will use this plugin for challenges such as how long I can get through the game, or how much time I will get to the next level.