OBS Scene Switching Upon Media Source Disconnection

streamerman

Hey,

I'm using StreamLabs on my phone to broadcast to a RMTP server hosted on my computer using nginx. I've added the RMTP server as a media source through OBS. There are streamers on Twitch that have setups through their RMTP servers where if the stream from their phone disconnects or has a lower bitrate/quality, it switches scenes temporarily saying stuff like "be right back."

What I'm wondering is if there is currently a feature where when the bitrate/quality gets too bad or if the RMTP source cuts out, if we can switch scenes automatically so I can have my own "be right back" screen. If this doesn't exist this would be an excellent feature to add.

NOTE: I have already tried ticking the "hide source when playback ends" option in OBS in the RMTP media source, but that doesn't hide it when the source is disrupted or disconnected as desired.

TL;DL: I want to switch scenes automatically in OBS when the RMTP server my stream comes from has a lower bitrate/quality or disconnects. When the bitate/quality increases or reconnects I want to switch back to the RMTP server media source.

Thanks,

Aggermor

BUMP! I would love to know how to do this as well.

Note: Psynaps (A service that hosts an rtmp server) has this functionality built into their OBS somehow.