Resource icon

OBS-RTSPServer 3.1.0

scottxu

scottxu submitted a new resource:

OBS-RTSPServer - This is a plugin for obs-studio, encoding the output and publish rtsp stream.

简体中文

OBS-RTSPServer
This is a plugin for obs-studio, encoding the output and publish rtsp stream.

Supported Platforms : Windows 7 , Windows 8 , Windows 10 and Linux

Supported OBS Studio version : 24.0.0+

Install
You can use installer to install and the installer can be found in Release...

Read more about this resource...

Chrixxxx

How does this work ? I have a PC with this plug-in installed: I start it (default option) and I want to send the obs output to a second pc in the LAN (used only to stream): what else should I have to do - or configure - (on the 2 PCs) , after starting the plug-in on the first one (to receive the output on the second one) ?

DasKraut

Any chance for a Mac version of this? also, since I'm running OBS on a Mac, but also have a Synology NAS (Linux-based) in my network, is there a way to host the plugin there instead of my Mac? I'm assuming not.

scottxu

How does this work ? I have a PC with this plug-in installed: I start it (default option) and I want to send the obs output to a second pc in the LAN (used only to stream): what else should I have to do - or configure - (on the 2 PCs) , after starting the plug-in on the first one (to receive the output on the second one) ?
1. Download and install media player (such as VLC) on TV;
2. Open obs;
3. Set the port of RTSP server and start it (such as 8554);
4. Configure the system firewall so that other computers can connect to this RTSP server;
5. Open the media player and connect to rtsp://[IP address of RTSP server]:[port]/live.

DasKraut

1. Download and install media player (such as VLC) on TV;
2. Open obs;
3. Set the port of RTSP server and start it (such as 8554);
4. Configure the system firewall so that other computers can connect to this RTSP server;
5. Open the media player and connect to rtsp://[IP address of RTSP server]:[port]/live.

This is really helpful to me as well. I'm new to this, but I have the ability to add RTSP based cameras to my CCTV system on the Synology NAS. I'm wondering: Can I host the RTSP server on the same machine that would sort of be a client as well? The Synology is Linux-based, and also runs the CCTV software that allows me to connect RTSP cameras, and then it allows me to access those streams via the web-app or the mobile app.

If I could broadcast from my workstation (I'm an editor) to this RTSP server, then use Synology's system locally... this should remove any middle man latency I might run into, right? All theory for now, but this would be an amazing solution for what I'm trying to do.

Thanks in advance!

MrJAS

I struggled with this for a while. I am new to OBS as well so I am not sure if I struggled because of that or if the instructions to install were not complete. Either way, I wrote up the steps I took to get this working on Ubuntu.

For Linux/Ubuntu:
  • Start by going to the github release page (https://github.com/iamscottxu/obs-rtspserver/releases) and downloading the Linux specific file, i.e. obs-rtspserver-v1.0-linux.tar.gz.
  • Untar the file
  • Move obs-plugins/64bit/obs-rtspserver.so file into /usr/lib/obs-plugin/
    • sudo cp obs-plugins/64bit/obs-rtspserver.so /usr/lib/obs-plugin/
  • Move data/obs-plugins/obs-rtspserver into /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins
    • sudo cp -r data/obs-plugins/obs-rtspserver/ /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/
  • Start OBS
  • Under Tools you should now find at the bottom an option for RTSP Server.

Hi,
in the meantime, thanks for your great work.
I use your plugin with pleasure but I ask you if you can solve a very small problem. That is when the rtsp server is active IF THERE IS NO RTSP CLIENT it is not possible to start a direct on a server (twitch or other) as the network packets remain at 0. If instead I start vlc the live starts. As soon as I close vlc the live stream on twitch stops. Do you think it is possible to solve the problem? Thanks again

Gabriel Guedes

Hello from Brazil!
What a nice work, Congrats!

When I use the RTSP Server to stream for a long time (+8hrs) it's crashing OBS Studio.
It's a know issue or something that I can configure by myself to fix?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Crash 2020-11-25 19-16-08.txt
    96.6 KB · Views: 268

scottxu

Hello from Brazil!

When I use the RTSP Server to stream for a long time (+8hrs) it's crashing OBS Studio.

Thank you!!
Hello from Brazil!

Thank you!!
Thank you for your feedback.

scottxu

I struggled with this for a while. I am new to OBS as well so I am not sure if I struggled because of that or if the instructions to install were not complete. Either way, I wrote up the steps I took to get this working on Ubuntu.

For Linux/Ubuntu:
  • Start by going to the github release page (https://github.com/iamscottxu/obs-rtspserver/releases) and downloading the Linux specific file, i.e. obs-rtspserver-v1.0-linux.tar.gz.
  • Untar the file
  • Move obs-plugins/64bit/obs-rtspserver.so file into /usr/lib/obs-plugin/
    • sudo cp obs-plugins/64bit/obs-rtspserver.so /usr/lib/obs-plugin/
  • Move data/obs-plugins/obs-rtspserver into /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins
    • sudo cp -r data/obs-plugins/obs-rtspserver/ /usr/share/obs/obs-plugins/
  • Start OBS
  • Under Tools you should now find at the bottom an option for RTSP Server.
Installing in Linux (v1.1.0 or later):
  • Download the latest release.
  • mkdir -p $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins
  • Untar, e.g.: tar -xzvf obs-rtspserver-v1.1.0-linux.tar.gz -C $HOME/.config/obs-studio/plugins/

eu4you

Thanks for the good program.
I am trying to use it in Windows, but the "Fail to start output" appears.
Where can the logs be viewed, and do I ever need to install Visual Studio? If so, please let me know which version I need to install.
Thank you.

eu4you

Thanks for the good program.
I am trying to use it in Windows, but the "Fail to start output" appears.
Where can the logs be viewed, and do I ever need to install Visual Studio? If so, please let me know which version I need to install.
Thank you.

There is only one message in OBS`s log :

06:29:17.726: can't begin data capture

How shoud I do?

storm1485

After the recent update I get this error.....

1608150239959.png

Attachments

• 1608150214215.png
    1608150214215.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 305