OBS recording laggy while Minecraft gameplay is smooth

hwharman

so I'm trying to record some Minecraft gameplay and my footage is recoding all laggy
-I'm using window capture mode (as this stops my actual game from lagging)
-I'm on a 2015 MacBook pro

Specs:
-2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i
-16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
-AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

macOS Catalina
10.15.5 (19F101)

I'm updating my MacOS rn but does anyone have any advice.

Oh and here Log File:

SLatte Macchiato

when you hit the record and play, do you do it on fullscreen or in windowed mode?
This problem happened to me before but it fixed it self when playing on winded mode.

Also, while recording and playing, do you get stutters or is it only on the recorded file?

hwharman

when you hit the record and play, do you do it on fullscreen or in windowed mode?
This problem happened to me before but it fixed it self when playing on winded mode.

Also, while recording and playing, do you get stutters or is it only on the recorded file?
I play in windowed mode and while I’m playing the game is smooth however the obs recording is very laggy. I can see it lags as I play not just when I watch it back.

SLatte Macchiato

Then the problem comes from your OBS configuration. I recommend that in the video settings section to have the canvas resolution and the output resolution at the same size. Also using a faster scaling filter should help.

Zaskej

Then the problem comes from your OBS configuration. I recommend that in the video settings section to have the canvas resolution and the output resolution at the same size. Also using a faster scaling filter should help.
I'm having a similar issue but my canvas and output are already the same size, would there be another way to fix this.