OBS Recording for Minecraft Lags / Freezes / Stutters

Pleasefix!

Hello, I have been tinkering around with settings for obs and minecraft for a while now, and they still lag spike every few seconds. I have my logs and everything, I hope obs has some good members or admins to help...

Logs: https://obsproject.com/logs/BvAI5cHYWN4cZcj0

It would really mean the world to me if you respond with some help, thank you SO much!

qhobbes

1. Remove your Display scene and only use Game capture. If you are having an issue with Minecraft not working with Game Capture, see the Minecraft Not Working With Game Capture wiki.
2. Your Intel iGPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync or set a reasonable frame rate limit (60 or 30) that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
3. Once you start your recording (or before), disable the Preview in OBS and then minimize OBS.