OBS recorded file comes just with audio and no video

Akahri

after formatting my computer a few weeks ago I recorded video normally through obs with my default configuration of recording gameplays, but when reinstalling it I put the same settings as before and the file only comes with the audio of the game I'm recording and without no video, I'll leave my logs file attached, who can help me I appreciate it!

Attachments

• 2022-06-09 21-17-26.txt
    140.1 KB · Views: 86

PaiSand

You're using SE.live plugin. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by this plugin. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.

Akahri

You're using SE.live plugin. Please contact them for support.
Alternatively, uninstall it. Then uninstall and reinstall OBS in order to fix the changes made by this plugin. Now please do a test stream/recording of more than 30 seconds and post the log file here.

i uninstalled the plugin and then reinstalled obs studio, made a recording again the file continued like this, i attached the log file with more than 30 seconds

Attachments

• 2022-06-10 10-24-01.txt
    24.9 KB · Views: 36

Lawrence_SoCal

You should check your own log

10:27:42.254: [ffmpeg muxer: 'adv_file_output'] Writing file 'C:/Users/User/Desktop/Valorant 2022/Videos/2022-06-10_10-27-35.mp4'...​
...​
10:28:32.724: Output 'adv_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 12 (0.2%)​
10:28:32.725: ==== Recording Stop ================================================​
10:28:32.727: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 150/6075 (2.5%)​
First and only warning I'll give.. I don't help those who ignore OBS's huge warning about NOT recording to MP4. don't. Advanced users, who understand the risks, and wouldn't ask questions like you have, can get away with it.. sometimes (and sometimes lose their recordings). enough said

As to your issue. simple you are trying to record at 120fps with a computer that can't keep up with that. Solution - faster computer, or lower your recording demands (optimizing Win10 OS might also help, but... ) start with dropping to 60fps, record to MK4 (remux if you must) and testing again

PaiSand

You need to fix some things.
FPS should be 60 (or 30). Don't go over 60 unless you know exactly what you're doing. This will probably fix the lag issue.
File format is always recommended MKV to avoid the loss of a recording due to a corrupted mp4.
Set your microphone to 48KHz too.
Run OBS as admin.
Your windows versions is outdated
You desperatelly need 8GB more of RAM. 16GB is the less you need to do streaming/recording at 1080p, specially with games like the one you're playing.
When using different types of capturing methods it's adviced to separate them into different scenes to avoid interferences.

carcigb

Hello! I am having the same issue ... From time to time a recording comes with only audio, not video. I would say 5% of the times or so.I have a pretty powerful computer so I am wondering why recording stopped in mine. Would anyone be able to help me?

Attachments

• 2023-07-05 09-02-18 LOG2.txt
    57.4 KB · Views: 20

PaiSand

Kind of self explained:

Update OBS and disable HAGS. Update your GPU driver.