OBS Process Launches in Task Manager but Inaccessible After 2060 Installation

StefiStarlite

Good afternoon all,

I'm new to the forums, so I apologize in advance if I miss any details in my troubleshooting endeavor.

Short Version: After installing my newly acquired ASUS RTX 2060 GPU and installing adequate drivers, I'm unable to use OBS 27.1.3 at all.

Long Version: I'd been running OBS on my rig (Ryzen 5700G with Radeon Graphics) without issue. Typically I would stream gameplay footage captured via my internal AverMedia capture card or Clip Studio footage with display capture. Because I've been wanting to get into FFXIV on my PC, I wanted to get a dedicated GPU without breaking the bank. This week I managed to find my local Micro Center's last ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 OC at a reasonable price, so I picked it up. After installing the hardware and drivers, I attempted to run OBS and noticed it wouldn't fully launch (although my system detected its process under Task Manager). The application log doesn't indicate any crashes, it just stops after a certain point.

Steps Taken So Far
- Deleted existing OBS folders that might have contained configurations regarding the APU. Unsuccessful.
- Cold and warm reboots of the system. Unsuccessful.
- Uninstalled and reinstalled OBS. Unsuccessful.
- Uninstalled GeForce Experience. Unsuccessful.
- Verified OBS was listed to use the 2060 in both the NVIDIA Control Panel and Windows Graphics Settings. Unsuccessful.
- Removed the 2060 and ran OBS using the Radeon APU. Successful.
- Reinstalled the 2060. Unsuccessful.
- Verified all hardware and software components are up-to-date. Unsuccessful.

System Specs
- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G CPU with Radeon Graphics
- ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 OC
- 64 GB DDR4-3200 RAM
- Edition Windows 11 Pro
- Version 21H2
- OS build 22000.348
- Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.348.0

I've attached the application log from today's most recent attempt to launch the program. I've done various searches via Google and find myself at a loss aside from finding an older build of OBS and trying that. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-12-10 13-59-36.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 17

StefiStarlite

I finally determined the issue. It was a conflict with the Radeon software/drivers. Uninstalling them entirely and everything is now working. In retrospect I should have done this from the get-go, but I'm glad things seem to be working correctly now.