OBS preventing windows shutdown

ItsWolfeh

Hi, I asked about this before on the Discord and someone suggested unticking "Show active outputs warning on exit", I did and I am still having this issue. I believe it is something related to the latest update as I have not had this problem in the past, it has only started happening since I updated my OBS. The problem is that whenever I try to shut down my PC and OBS is open, not recording or streaming, it prevents my windows from shutting down. I will get the "these programs are preventing windows from shutting down" window, it stays there for maybe 8-10 minutes and then just cancels shutting down. I've walked in several times to my PC still being on in the morning due to this and it took me a while to realize it was OBS. This latest time it claimed to be trying to save an untitled project, again I don't know why, I was not recording and I checked my recordings folder to see if there even was a more recent one, there was not. I had made a recording maybe 10-15 minutes prior, but it looks saved in the folder and I made sure to hit my hotkey to end it, the recording is not super long like that key did not register and it continued recording or anything like that, the recording appears to have stopped when I hit my end recording hotkey as it was supposed to. If I have windows force end the programs, I get the "OBS did not close properly, do you want to run in safe mode" window on next bootup, which is to be expected.

These are the logs.
Crash log: https://obsproject.com/logs/5IVNwFz0QIdWbvHJ
Log: https://obsproject.com/logs/p6q5wcHiwcjmRUBl

The only fix I've found so far is to just manually close OBS before I shut down my PC. This does not happen every time, it seems if I don't do any recording I can shut down my PC just fine, it seems to only happen when I have done any recording. I have my start and stop recording hotkeys assigned to Num 1 and Num 2, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I also have OBS as one of the programs that starts on windows start up as I tend to use it a lot. Other than that I haven't messed with it much.

dgallentine

Seeing the same issue here. We run camera RTSP streams and have them set to autostart with windows. Well when attempting to restart, they prevent restart, and it causes all instances to crash. Now the issue is, if if the machine does restart, you get a confirmation for safe mode or normal mode, which makes --startstreaming flag useless. To add on to that, once the streams do start after this, the GUI is broken and it will shortly crash after. The streams do work in the background and do go live, until OBS crashes.

dgallentine

Seeing the same issue here. We run camera RTSP streams and have them set to autostart with windows. Well when attempting to restart, they prevent restart, and it causes all instances to crash. Now the issue is, if if the machine does restart, you get a confirmation for safe mode or normal mode, which makes --startstreaming flag useless. To add on to that, once the streams do start after this, the GUI is broken and it will shortly crash after. The streams do work in the background and do go live, until OBS crashes.
Downgrading fixed all issues. I'm taking it that the newer version will needs some updates.

Lawrence_SoCal

Downgrading fixed all issues. I'm taking it that the newer version will needs some updates.
Maybe... or maybe your plugins /settings are incompatible.. I personally avoid being on the bleeding edge when I don't need to be (and OBS Studio is one of those). ymmv

Most stability issues I've read about on these forums come from upgrading with legacy plugins in place and not checking each plugin manually (as I'm not aware of another option at this point) for compatibility BEFORE upgrading

dgallentine

Yeah, kind of pulled the trigger too soon on this one. Plugins seem to work fine actually, just the strange restart crashing.

Nankeru

Same issue here, plugins are all working. The issue happens with the last two versions of OBS and only when shutting down, restarting the Windows device - or logging out.