OBS Preferences Wiped After OS SSD Swap

Winter550

I recently changed my OS SSD to a new SSD but looking at my OBS (like a lot of my other apps) it was wiped completely. I use OBS on Steam so not sure if all that can be recovered, I didn't delete the data just moved it all to the new SSD but guess that didn't save it? Unless it is hidden somewhere else in my files? If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it

deFrisselle

As always, Backup your profiles and scenes before any such actions
Settings, profiles, and scenes are stored in your Windows profile directory C:/users/{username}\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio

Winter550

As always, Backup your profiles and scenes before any such actions
Settings, profiles, and scenes are stored in your Windows profile directory C:/users/{username}\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio
only see logs (empty) and sessions. So I guess it's all gone then

Winter550

Is that on your old SSD You should be looking there
Could also boot off your old SSD then do the backups
Is on my new SSD but sadly the old one was wiped to be used as another storage device, but I did copy everything over to the new SSD so I should've moved as well

deFrisselle

Is on my new SSD but sadly the old one was wiped to be used as another storage device, but I did copy everything over to the new SSD so I should've moved as well
Did you copy or clone the drive
Appdata is a hidden directory in Users/{username}/ directory It wouldn't be moved by a normal copy unless you knew to specifically copy it or made it unhidden to select it

Winter550

Did you copy or clone the drive
Appdata is a hidden directory in Users/{username}/ directory It wouldn't be moved by a normal copy unless you knew to specifically copy it or made it unhidden to select it
It was unhidden as I messed with it before I cloned the SSD over to the new one