OBS picks up audio but doesn't record it

TheGster9

Hello. I couldn't seem to find this answer anywhere. This problem randomly cropped up after I bumped up the bitrate or recording from the default 2500 to 100000 because of an unrelated issue. Now, despite picking up audio (see screenshot), it doesn't actually record it... it does play when listening to my recording. Any fixes? [log is https://obsproject.com/logs/g150X_sSj-d9q3XK ]
Screenshot (10).png

shansmi

under advanced audio what tracks do you have defined? Post a screenshot. I also increased my bit rate but I was dropping frames. All that went away when I put it back to 2500. I saw a chart for recommended bit rates in OBS. Follow it and your problem may go away. It is in a sticky.

TheGster9

hello. is this what you needed?

edit: i made a mistake in my post. i CANNOT hear audio in the recordings but obs still appears to pick it up
under advanced audio what tracks do you have defined? Post a screenshot. I also increased my bit rate but I was dropping frames. All that went away when I put it back to 2500. I saw a chart for recommended bit rates in OBS. Follow it and your problem may go away. It is in a sticky.
Screenshot (11).png

shansmi

Look at your audio devices in windows via the sound control panel. Make noise and see what microphones are picking up the noise. The check your audio devices in OBS. Originally I had 2 audio devices defined against eh same device. Yes you can do this. I am a drummer so I padded one down so the mic would not saturate while playing. The other defined as well but with less padding. I used it for voice. I just muted it in OBS before I started to play my kit.

Also you might try going back to simple mode vs advanced. at that point right click on an audio source and choose advanced audio properties. All audio sources should be in track 1. After that put each source in a different track i.e. everything gets track 1, desktop audio has 1 and 2, USB mic has 1 and 3, camera MIC has 1 and 4 etc...