OBS or stream keeps disconnecting without any crash reports

Cobblerjay9

Hello, so I currently have a problem where whenever I stream it starts randomly crashing/disconnecting in 3-6 minutes. Whenever this crash happens, no crash report or anything shows up, but it does just disconnect and reconnect. The only thing in my home that changed is my location and modem, but my internet does not seem to be a problem because I am able to stream fine on my laptop. I had not stream in 4 ish months, but 4 months ago stream was doing fine. I had already tried downloading OBS and changing some of its settings to like lower bitrate and such, but the disconnect thing still happens. I reckon it is a PC or OBS issue, but I am unsure. If anyone knows how to resolve this issue or know some solutions that may help, please do let me know. The one thing I do notice is that my bitrate does drop to 0 when my stream crashes/disconnects.

Some of the solutions I have already tried:
-Bitrate and Quality lowered on OBS
-Contacted ISP about issue (No solution was given by ISP)
-Driver updates which include graphics card and computer updates
-Opening in admin
-Letting OBS run through firewall and antivirus

Lawrence_SoCal

Lots of discussions on this previously. there is even a FAQ on this topic specifically
Note the pinned post in this forum on requesting support (link in my .sig)

Changing location and modem can be a big deal. What are you doing for real-time monitoring of your LAN and WAN link? is it a cellular-service WAN link? or ??

Cobblerjay9

I tried streaming today and it appears that everything is alright now. The only things I've done is change the bind to IP setting on OBS and I resetted my internet modem and now everything is working again. I am using wifi to stream, and that is probably the reason for the unstable connection, but after the modem reset everything seems fine for now. If I have any other updates I will let you know.