OBS opened causes 30+ fps drops in-game with stream on/off

All problems begins from don't understand how works computer, e.g. CPU in a second can execute bilions simple order, but only milions a bit more complicated, and thousands of very complicated orders.
Always start checking from lower value (lower resolution, worst settings) and going to up. If on lower settings OBS still have problems - probably your found bug.

ZeroTheBIC

All problems begins from don't understand how works computer, e.g. CPU in a second can execute bilions simple order, but only milions a bit more complicated, and thousands of very complicated orders.
Always start checking from lower value (lower resolution, worst settings) and going to up. If on lower settings OBS still have problems - probably your found bug.
Yeah, I tried lower settings too and still have same problem. :(
Gpu: RTX 2060
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Ram: 1x16 gb 3000 MHz :(

DenisOK

Hi. I had a similar problem as yours, if I understood correctly. I just use google translate.

The encoder of my 3070 was constantly overloaded according to OBS, even when I put on the "maximum performance" preset. According to monitoring data, the encoder was ~ 19-39% busy. And everything was fine with the game, and the stream was in the region of 30-40 fps, that is, there was a frame drop.

If you have a similar problem, try using DDU to remove the video card drivers and everything related to them and install them again. It helped me, the encoder is no longer overloaded and there is no frame skipping. Also, the schedule for using the encoder was all roller coaster. After such a reinstallation, he returned to a level position ~25%.

I would be glad if it helps someone!

ZeroTheBIC

Hi. I had a similar problem as yours, if I understood correctly. I just use google translate.

The encoder of my 3070 was constantly overloaded according to OBS, even when I put on the "maximum performance" preset. According to monitoring data, the encoder was ~ 19-39% busy. And everything was fine with the game, and the stream was in the region of 30-40 fps, that is, there was a frame drop.

If you have a similar problem, try using DDU to remove the video card drivers and everything related to them and install them again. It helped me, the encoder is no longer overloaded and there is no frame skipping. Also, the schedule for using the encoder was all roller coaster. After such a reinstallation, he returned to a level position ~25%.

I would be glad if it helps someone!
I used DDU to remove the video card drivers many times but still I have same issue :(