OBS NVENC Error

CombatShock

Hi Folks ,

my friend just updatet to the newest Version of OBS and now it won´t start Streaming just showing the Message : NVENC Error : init_encoder_h264: nv.nvEncInitializeEncoder(enc->session,&enc->params) failed: 8(NV_ENC_ERR_INVALID_PARAM)

We tried to restart OBs , restart the Computer , updatet his GPU drivers etc. etc.

Maybe someone got a fix for it

I hope the Log works : https://obsproject.com/logs/rjLteI8Rq8NdC8JE

.norman.

12:47:49.194: error: InitializeEncoder failed: invalid param (8): ::NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_FULL_RESOLUTION is only supported multipass encoding on this architecture.

try changing "Multipass Mode" in "Encoder Settings" (SETTINGS->OUTPUT) to "Two Passes (Full Resolution)"

Last edited:

.norman.

12:47:49.194: error: InitializeEncoder failed: invalid param (8): ::NV_ENC_TWO_PASS_FULL_RESOLUTION is only supported multipass encoding on this architecture.

try changing "Multipass Mode" in "Encoder Settings" (SETTINGS->OUTPUT) to "Two Passes (Full Resolution)"
if that doesn't work, change "Output Mode" from "Advanced" to "Simple" in Settings -> Output.

NikolaiMartianov

Same issue. Using "Simple" mode with 1080p base and output resolutions. Works perfectly on 28.0.X, nor streaming not recording works on 28.1.2.
1667747312321.png
1667747357760.png
1667747377724.png

NikolaiMartianov

Seems to be, found the solution - in Advanced mode there is "multipass encoding" tab and the middle line chosen from the three by default (double pass with quarter resolution etc) - to solve the issue, we need to choose any from other two - either single (top) or double (with full resolution) - both solved the issue for me.
1667748064687.png
1667748086308.png

Kaakeizer

been dealing with this since my full reinstall of windows for 2 weeks, what worked for me was finding a OLD 2015 VERSION of OBS, install that & let it update. no nvenc errors what so ever!!