Bug Report OBS + NVENC + 337.50 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helixia

I can confirm the WHQL driver will work with the new version of OBS.
As fas as i know the DLL files for NVENC has not chenged since the beta driver.

isamu

Oh no....installed the latest nvidia driver and the latest OBS but nvenc is not working for me :(

What am I doing wrong?

cybersaint

Bumping thread, because nvenc isn't working with 0.624 with the latest GeForce driver (340.43). Not sure what's happening, it worked previously, but I've updated both OBS and the GeForce drivers and now it won't work. Should I roll back to an older driver?

cybersaint

Bumping thread, because nvenc isn't working with 0.624 with the latest GeForce driver (340.43). Not sure what's happening, it worked previously, but I've updated both OBS and the GeForce drivers and now it won't work. Should I roll back to an older driver?

Nevermind, rolled back to older driver (non-beta) and it seemed to fix my issue.

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
The issue with the 340.43 drivers will be fixed in the next OBS release. However it's also not relevant to this thread, and since the problem with the 337.50 drivers has been resolved for quite some time I'll go ahead and close things here.

TL;DR
The problem with NVENC and the 337.50 drivers was resolved as of OBS 0.623b.
The problem with NVENC and the 340.43 drivers will be resolved in the release following OBS 0.624b.
The relevant change is at https://github.com/jp9000/OBS/commit/c6c2e4f3ad8ce6c5bf0fb78606e67dd20818504f

Status
Not open for further replies.