Attachments

• 2014-04-07-1743-48.log
    3 KB · Views: 1,275
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6 KB · Views: 1,385

Floatingthru

Community Helper
GTX 670 here, and the new 337.50 "wonder" drivers broke NVENC for me too. They did quite a lot of shadowplay changes, though.

M1ke

OBS is superior though for multiple reasons, I tried the Licensed DLL too and it did not work either.

Helixia

I have also the same problem with GTX 770.
Where a reboot worked the last time, but it didn't this time.

Last edited:

nightfire37

Same here with a GTX 760 with EVGA's ACX Cooler running oc'ed. Here's my log

Attachments

• 2014-04-07-1948-07.log
    5.3 KB · Views: 436

Iti

Same here, i have GTX 660 and OBS v0.613b with latest nvidea beta drivers 337.50 and ShadowPlay 2.0. Tryed with 32 bit and 64 bit obs run as admin or non admin, still giving error. Switched on/off shadowplay from GeForce Experience same results.

Waiting fix asap please!

M1ke

Not really a solution just side-stepping the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia has implemented some sort of lock out.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
This is not really a bug with OBS, you may want to try and contact NVIDIA. They are beta drivers though, so maybe wait until there is a stable version.

isamu

Dammit. I am experiencing the same thing. Arrgh :( Going back to previous drivers is not a solution, since plenty of my games saw a significant performance boost with 337.50 on my GTX680. Isn't there *something* you guys can do to fix this issue with OBS? :(

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Nothing we can do. OBS basically asks the driver "Hey, can you give me an NVENC encoder?" and they used to say yes and now they're saying no. Purely an issue with the drivers.

H1VlTG3NZ

I got it to work again by replacing the "nvEncodeAPI.dll" found in "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" with one of the previous versions of the dll file. You will need to boot in to Safe Mode to replace the file, also be sure to back up the dll file your replacing.

Please Note: For advance users only. Also note this is only a workaround.

Note 2: Previous versions of the dll can be found in "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository" in folders named "nv_disp.inf_amd64_neutral_"

Last edited:

H1VlTG3NZ

Try copy "nvEncodeAPI64.dll" found in "C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_disp.inf_amd64_neutral_x" to C:\Windows\System32.

Dont need to be in Safe Mode to change this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.