Question / Help OBS not showing dropped frames but stream is choppy on twitch and sometimes in-game...

snukwon

This is the current state of my OBS streams, (especially when choosing a drop spot and flying to destination at beginning of apex games)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402198535?t=01m23s

I've been lowering my bit rate from 6000 to 2500, i suppose lowering slightly helps, but the choppy display and sound glitching does not stop, on user and viewer ends... (clearly more obvious when viewing. Most of the time playing is very smooth however the sudden sound glitching and stuttering will occur from time to time..)

Ive recently switched from display capture source to game capture source, didn't help.

I live in upstate NY - NYC server gives me great connection speed, Virginia would be next, i doubt this is the issue.

NVENC is what i use, enforce stream and rescale stay unchecked.
CBR
keyframe 2
Presets ranging from max quality to performance doesn't eliminate the issue.
Profile main
max b-frames 2 or 4 doesn't fix the problem, either.

350 download 650 upload fiber optics modem

I stream output scaled at 720p
Downscale filter i leave at Lanzos..

I'm not sure what the deal is here, all of my components (hardware) work fine when i'm not streaming.

New mobo, memory, cpu, (cpu OC'd to 5.0ghz, stable voltage) NVMe - M.2 ,
Used power supply and video card (video card overclocked stable, still have issues with default GPU settings, no OC)
Did not attempt to stream with default CPU clock.

stream is 10x worse when using x264 encoder...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/402810688?t=

I think that's everything.. I will edit this when more info comes to mind..

Feel free to ask any and all questions, this is completely frustrating and i'm willing to give you as much info as possible so that we can remedy this issue or just get down to the root cause. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2019-03-28 23-11-40.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

snukwon

This has been solved, for those wondering, the CPU overclock was too unstable. lowering from 5.0 to 4.8ghz and leaving voltage fixed the issue.