Question / Help Obs not recording multiple audio tracks.

Chris.mok

Obs not recording multiple audio tracks.

I record in .mkv with 3 audio tracks enabled. I have 2 of the same audio outputs in my audio mixer for some reason not sure if that's the problem. The 2 outputs in the mixer are the same output, the output is my microphone. So I set desktop audio to track 1, the first audio microphone to track 2, then the 3rd microphone output to track 3. Here's my log: https://obsproject.com/logs/oRElbSi9rVrrULbu I've read that sometimes obs does record the tracks they just aren't present in some playback programs. So I downloaded Vlc and still to no avail.

I'd like to thank anyone who replies and tries to aid in my situation. Using your own personal time to freely help me is beyond my words of gratitude and so I'd like to give a before thanks and I'll follow up to your reply with another! Much obliged :)

Last edited:

koala

You need to switch between audio tracks in your media player. Media players will play back one track at a time. No media player will mix audio tracks at playback. If you want a mixed track, you need to mix it with postprocessing software and replace the separate tracks with the mixed track.

Chris.mok

You need to switch between audio tracks in your media player. Media players will play back one track at a time. No media player will mix audio tracks at playback. If you want a mixed track, you need to mix it with postprocessing software and replace the separate tracks with the mixed track.
Thanks. I’ll check it out later on Vlc.

xenonnonx

can you asst me please
im using dvc100 grabber and I cant get sound through it its good with every other program
it does not show the video capture device as audio output
only audio output capture and desktop audio
but no sound at all