Question / Help OBS not recording desktop sound.

MachineTheGod

Hi,

I've recently tried to start recording some videos with OBS. While the microphone sound is recorded and goes smoothly, the game sound doesn't get recorded. I've gone through many forums posts and videos trying to understand what can be causing this but, so far, nothing worked.

I am using a Razer Kraken X Lite (7.1 Surround Sound) as my output device.

These are my OBS settings (OBS is in Portuguese but I believe it is understandable what everything is.)

Anotação 2020-04-07 161151.png

But, apart from all, what I really can't understand is why OBS just seems to not be detecting the output device (doesn't show Balance bar to output device).

Anotação 2020-04-07 161230.png

Thanks for everything,
MachineTheGod

Narcogen

You've set OBS to Stereo mode and trying to capture a Surround audio source, is that possibly the problem?

MachineTheGod

You've set OBS to Stereo mode and trying to capture a Surround audio source, is that possibly the problem?

Narcogen, I don't think so. The Surround Sound is processed by a Razer-provided software that allows turning it on and off. I've tried setting "Channels" from Stereo to 7.1 and it didn't work. I've also tried to set "Channels" to Stereo and turning the Surround Sound off but it also didn't work. I even tried setting the output device to the normal PC speakers (I have a laptop) and again, nothing.

I'm struggling to find what it may be because I've looked into a ton of forum posts and videos and can't find a solution.

Narcogen

I would try a different, non-surround output device. There is a history of problems with pseudo-surround gaming headsets and OBS.