OBS & NDI / Own3D incompatible?

Just tried to open my 2 pc set up to stream with NDI & it's not working.
What's the deal? Also my alerts & things are no longer registering?
Anyone else having these issues? I mean the new esthetic looks nice but what's with the update...

FerretBomb

The obs-ndi plugin has not been updated to be compatible with OBS Studio v28.
The plugin creator will have to edit and recompile to use Qt6 before it will work.
OBS does not (currently) offer native support for NDI (yet).

Roll back to v27.2.4 until the obs-ndi plugin is updated. You can download the old version installer from GitHub. Just install it over the existing installation, DO NOT UNINSTALL FIRST (uninstalling would remove all your scenes/profiles/etc).
Thanks a bunch, I see someone else had a forum going too! Appreciate it.

FerretBomb

The SE.Live plugin is not advised at all. It replaces core OBS libraries with less-stable versions, and can cause significant issues.

You can add all of the functionality that the plugin provides to OBS by 'popping out' various parts/panels of the SE website, and adding each as a Custom Dock. View->Docks->Custom Docks. I do this to consolidate all of my alert/poll/interactives into OBS' layout. Makes everything run much more cleanly and smoothly, to boot.

koala

The SE.Live plugin is not advised at all. It replaces core OBS libraries with less-stable versions, and can cause significant issues.
This has changed with their version for OBS 28. It has become a well-behaving plugin.

From their OBS 28 announcement https://blog.streamelements.com/obs-28-support-for-se-live-is-now-available-5ee8f66f799c:
In short:
SE.Live will be supporting OBS 28 and is now a true plug-in that no longer modifies OBS Studio in order to function.

The breakdown:

1. Update today to experience a seamless transition when upgrading to OBS 28
  2. Updating SE.Live will no longer be required with new OBS releases
  3. Improves stability
  4. SE.Live will no longer replace core OBS files (i.e. the browser source plugin)
  5. SE.Live will no longer cause issues due to Chromium Embedded Framework (CEF) version mismatches with OBS Studio
  6. SE.Live no longer replaces the Chromium Embedded Framework (Chromium browser behind the OBS Browser Source and OBS Browser Panels)
  7. SE.Live will always support & use the latest and greatest version of CEF (which up-to-date OBS Studio versions bundle)
If this is true, I consider se.live no longer "evil" and might start supporting users with issues who have this plugin installed - whom I just skipped in the past.