OBS NDI only giving a black screen

jenson1234

Hi i have OBS NDI on both my gaming pc and my streaming pc i have both of the obs programs running i am able to find the source but i only get a black screen when i try to get an output there is a little red square in the corner to but i have tried to resize the Output and im still only getting a black screen. I have also tried to use different updates of NDI and OBS and still not working... i have tried all the way down to 4.5 on NDI and same on OBS still not working. Though i have had NDI berfore up and running though i have no clue how to fix this... If there is anyone that has a clue to how to fix this issue pls help! :D
With great regards Jenson1234

jdturneriii

Following - I just posted a similar thread about PPT-NDI. Same issue. Streaming PC sees the source, source PC is running it's thing, but the screen in OBS Studio is black.

jdturneriii

Sooo, I figured this out - at least in my case. I made 2 changes in the computer that is broadcasting content: 1) turn on media streaming in the Network and Sharing Center. Second, I ensured that (in my case) PPT-NDI had rights through the firewall to the local network for all ports.

WickedSlick

Hi i have OBS NDI on both my gaming pc and my streaming pc i have both of the obs programs running i am able to find the source but i only get a black screen when i try to get an output there is a little red square in the corner to but i have tried to resize the Output and im still only getting a black screen. I have also tried to use different updates of NDI and OBS and still not working... i have tried all the way down to 4.5 on NDI and same on OBS still not working. Though i have had NDI berfore up and running though i have no clue how to fix this... If there is anyone that has a clue to how to fix this issue pls help! :D
Has this been resolved yet? i have the EXACT same issue. Ive had NDI working perfectly in the past, but after moving i set it all up again and im stuck with a black screen on the streaming pc end- though i can see the source and select it, no video/audio. the only thing i can think of is that i have a new internet provider... but ive gone through the firewall settings and cant find any issues

THANKS in advance if anyone has resolved this.

WickedSlick

okay okay okay! so i found the issue on my end... windows defender firewall was somehow preventing NDI from working properly.. my only issue now is that the only way this actually works is if i disable the firewall entirely

hmmm

Highsolutions

So i have somewhat the same issue, but i don't think it's a firewall problem.
I have 2 wireless Mevo cam's with NDI-HX, those are working fine.
But on the same router i have 2 wired NDI-HX hdmi encoders (with normal camera's connected by HDMI) and those are showing black.
It is an OBS or an OBS NDI plugin error because the NDI monitor from newtek is showing the correct view if i select all sources on my mac running Catalina.
the NDI router is separate with a separate Lan dongle on my machine so no internet connectivety there, all firewalls disabled on this port and router.
This same setup was working fine for 2/3 years until now

bdumaguina

okay okay okay! so i found the issue on my end... windows defender firewall was somehow preventing NDI from working properly.. my only issue now is that the only way this actually works is if i disable the firewall entirely

hmmm
This worked for me, turning off the Windows Defender Firewall entirely on the Private Network. I'm on latest OBS 27.2.3 and OBS NDI plugin 4.9

Kindly correct me if I'm sending logs incorrectly.

Logs with Windows Firewall OFF - meaning NDI is WORKING
TX CPU - https://obsproject.com/logs/716onOcv1zVSQRM1
RX CPU - https://obsproject.com/logs/MJzu-8gywLcLPWs8

I close the OBS application and then turn on Firewall.

Logs with Windows Firewall ON - meaning NDI is NOT working
TX CPU - https://obsproject.com/logs/T_WO8WkAeECPPSEB
RX CPU - https://obsproject.com/logs/4yW4jZEkBUYAjb1a

Kingknight

So I figured it out for MacBooks if any else is having the same issue with OBS NDI to Zoom showing a black screen. Go to the NDI Virtual Input application click NDI => Your Computer name => and make sure OBS is checked marked there in the application. Hope that helps someone

DJiggory

Got it working on Windows, it was a firewall issue for me. I simply needed to allow OBS (obs64.exe) through my firewall on public networks, since my Ethernet connection is recognized as one.