Question / Help OBS NDI - Crashes Upon Selecting Source - Mac High Sierra

MartinM

I am running OBS 24.0.6.on a macbook pro 13" mid-2010 on macos high-sierra 10.13.6.
I've installed both obs-ndi-4.7.1-macOS.pkg and libNDI_for_Mac.pkg from https://github.com/Palakis/obs-ndi/releases

When adding an NDI source, I can select the NDI source without problems. But it doesn't show the preview and when clicking on Okay to add it in the scene OBS crashes immediately.

Here's the error log
https://pastebin.com/05PmjYXh

Any help would be appreciated!

Try to replace the libndi.4.dylib in /usr/local/lib with

this is also my EXACT situation (except my mac is a late 2011)

a few threads back you mentions updating to 20.0.6 ***** was that a typo?

also, i have show hidden files on, theres actually NO files in that folder, its all folders.
(thanks in advance)

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 12.29.40 AM.png

MartinM

this is also my EXACT situation (except my mac is a late 2011)

a few threads back you mentions updating to 20.0.6 ***** was that a typo?

also, i have show hidden files on, theres actually NO files in that folder, its all folders.
(thanks in advance)

Yes, this was a Typo. Correct OBS Version is 24.0.6
I will Edit my Post. Thx.

leovj

Hi there,

i had the same Trouble with crashing OBS after selecting an NDI-Source.

My Solution:

Download the libNDI4 from here:

Go to Folder /usr/local/lib/

Delete
the file libndi.4.dylib in this Folder.

Copy the downloaded libndi.4.dylib from Download-Folder into /usr/local/lib/

After restartingOBS or/and the Mac, everything works like a charm.

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1

Worked for me THAKS!!

It partly worked for me as well. Catalina 10.15.3 -
But when I add the source, the screen says: "Device is used by another software" (German)

I have done your fixing steps... any other suggestions?
There is no other software started / installed or anything
Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-30 um 16.26.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-03-30 um 16.26.55.png

David_Bds

I am having a similar problem with OBS crashing when ever I select the Skype NDI source...tried everything in the thread still no joy...any other suggestions?

Here my current config.
MacBook 13" - 2010
MacOS - 10.15.3
OBS Studio - 24.0.6
NDI plugin - 4.7.1
Skype - 8.58.0.93

tmcccrury

Thanks folks. I can confirm the MartinM method worked. I had to go into the file and tell the pasted copy to open because my Mac said it couldn't verify it was malware and virus free. After I option clicked it and told it to open it ran like a charm. Thanks Martin.

Phillip B

I have been trying to fix this for a couple of hours now. I know that MartinM solution is working for others but I cannot seem to figure it out. I can't find the folder i am being told to find. getting quite frustrated.

yuvalu

I have been trying to fix this for a couple of hours now. I know that MartinM solution is working for others but I cannot seem to figure it out. I can't find the folder i am being told to find. getting quite frustrated.

Hope this helps, Ive got this far now, but won't let me copy the new file into the folder

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 19.26.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-01 at 19.26.38.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 148

Phillip B

Hope this helps, Ive got this far now, but won't let me copy the new file into the folder

I GOT IT!

He is what I did from your spot. I searched for "libndi"
I also had a finder folder open to my downloads with the file.

I just dragged from downloads to the "lib" folder and dropped from there. It made me "authenticate" and asked if i wanted to duplicate or replace, and I chose replace. It works now.

jimistix

Hi there,

My Solution:

Delete

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1

Hi my mac isnt letting copy and paste into the lib folder, is there something im missing to be ale to do this? i've deleted the file ok just cant add the new one.

thanks in advance

j

Zone

Im having trouble following Martin's steps to solve this issue. Is there any way someone who resolved this problem can post a video on how you completed Martin's steps and resolved the issue. Pretty sure it would help out a few people on here along with myself. Thanks

ldiaz0404

Im having trouble following Martin's steps to solve this issue. Is there any way someone who resolved this problem can post a video on how you completed Martin's steps and resolved the issue. Pretty sure it would help out a few people on here along with myself. Thanks

I am by no means a tech savvy person and trying to figure this out also. I video would definitely help me.

Randym

Hi my mac isnt letting copy and paste into the lib folder, is there something im missing to be ale to do this? i've deleted the file ok just cant add the new one.

thanks in advance

j
  1. So it looks like Mojave locks some folders including the lib one. You will have to do this: https://apple.stackexchange.com/que...ity-protection-sip-aka-rootless-on-macos-os-x
  2. When I looked in my lib folder I couldn't see any file named: "libndi.4.dylib" anyone else with this issue?

Fantomas

Hi there,

My Solution:

Delete

Greetings,
Martin

System:
iMac late 2013, 16 GB
Mac OS 10.14.6
OBS 24.0.6 (64bit)
obs-ndi 4.7.1

Had the same issue, worked for me! Thanks!

( Mac os 10.14.6 )