Question / Help Obs mic problems

DirtMann

Hi so my obs will not detect audio but recognizes its there. any ideas? here is my recent log.

Attachments

• 2018-06-17 18-22-11.txt
    10 KB · Views: 30
It's a USB mic right? Have you changed ports as of recent or your motherboard reassign the resources? Delete the Audio Capture Source/MIC and any other audio USB sources (I just quickly skimmed sorry I'm in a rush), and then add it/them again, this will happen to webcams and such as well if you change ports, because OBS is looking for that particular hardware at the enumerated address given by windows, the enumeration changes if you change where the USB object is plugged into (the port). Moving it back to the original port may or may not work, so I usually just recommend deleting the offending device and rebuilding it/recreating it. This happens to me with my Audio Monitoring Device I have setup every time I install new GPU drivers, because I use the speakers on one of my displays to do my monitoring. Because the address/HW enumeration for that set of speakers has changed, my monitoring goes dead until I go back to ADVANCED, and change the device, where you'll see a new exact same reference in the list dropdown, but you'll noticed the one you are using at the time, will have been grayed out in that list once you drop it down, it does this because it can no longer find the reference for what you are using. Selecting the new valid device will fix that, after selecting the new/correct device, you may still need to do a restart of OBS, but shouldn't have to. Good luck, and let us know!