Question / Help OBS Mic Audio and iShowu audio not working 2019

PVPimOP

simply my audio for ishowu and my blue yeti isn't coming through. The mic isn't muted I checked sound settings and on audacity and Fl studios the audio can be recorded just fine.

Heres my last log file- https://obsproject.com/logs/jbE0rWW3SyEURZG6 (it crashed)

Heres my current log file- https://obsproject.com/logs/EEjj_SbvEXvXdG-W

Also noteworthy the display works perfectly fine.

and any addition details can be provided.

and it crashed again...

Last edited:

Narcogen

It's for recording DESKTOP audio from the Mac. 3rd party software is required for that: iShowU, SoundFlower, LoopBack, or similar.

For using external devices (microphones, capture cards) it is not.

PVPimOP

Thank you so much, iShowU and mic audio works now. And just in case anyone passes by here's the command to put in terminal but you have to do it every time you open OBS for it to work until patch (Idk if it came out btw)

/Applications/OBS.app/Contents/MacOS/OBS; exit

and then give permissions to OBS/Terminal (it'll give prompt)

PVPimOP

It's for recording DESKTOP audio from the Mac. 3rd party software is required for that: iShowU, SoundFlower, LoopBack, or similar.

For using external devices (microphones, capture cards) it is not.
yeah you right I just wrote it wrong.

noeluk

Thanks for the Terminal code - this has been doing my nut in for the last couple of hours! I couldn't get Soundflower or iShowU to capture desktop data. All working now :-)

BooDaBoonk

I feel so dumb... I still don't understand. I will be live-streaming and recording (not at the same time) through OBS. Do I need to have iShowU and iShowU insta in order to do this? I still have not been able to successfully have OBS pick up my desktop audio. Can someone please help :-(

BooDaBoonk

I ran that command in the terminal but it did not work... also is there a way to receive notifications when someone reply to these threads?