Question / Help OBS Makes Game FPS drop Significantly after 1 min of recording

SkunkyBass

So I thought it was my computer. But, OBS is making minecraft frames drop dramatically. I tried the quicktime screen recorder on mac and the FPS did not drop 1 frame. I'd like to record in OBS but Ive tried so much and its still lagging. Im using an app that makes my mac screen resolution 1920x1080 so I dont get black bars. I think I had it working before I tried this app so I may try w/o the app and see if thats why. But its working perfectly with quicktime screen recorder. Ive uploaded a log file if anyone can help.
https://obsproject.com/logs/RZvf9fDAx2NtZPsr

Narcogen

OBS is a compositor and video switch. It uses GPU resources in ways that QuickTime does not. Any framerate you are able to hold in Minecraft without running OBS will be reduced when you launch OBS, unless you are already capping Minecraft's frame rate below that level before opening OBS.

17:57:10.716: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 14 (0.3%)

You're slightly overloading your GPU.

GPU Overload Issues

17:57:10.720: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 99/5577 (1.8%)

You're also slightly overloading your encoder, which in your case is your CPU. You can offload this by selecting the Apple VT Hardware Encoder. This will reduce load at the expense of quality. You could also choose a faster CPU preset to reduce load at the expense of quality.

General Performance and Encoding Issues

SkunkyBass

OBS is a compositor and video switch. It uses GPU resources in ways that QuickTime does not. Any framerate you are able to hold in Minecraft without running OBS will be reduced when you launch OBS, unless you are already capping Minecraft's frame rate below that level before opening OBS.

17:57:10.716: Output 'simple_file_output': Number of lagged frames due to rendering lag/stalls: 14 (0.3%)

You're slightly overloading your GPU.

GPU Overload Issues

17:57:10.720: Video stopped, number of skipped frames due to encoding lag: 99/5577 (1.8%)

You're also slightly overloading your encoder, which in your case is your CPU. You can offload this by selecting the Apple VT Hardware Encoder. This will reduce load at the expense of quality. You could also choose a faster CPU preset to reduce load at the expense of quality.

General Performance and Encoding Issues
What would be a faster CPU preset? I only have 3 options. I tried apple V T Hardware encoder and it looked great but on long recordings it wont stop recording. I press syop recording and it says stopping recording for like 20 mins. I thought I have a good cpu it is a 6 core i7

Narcogen

In your log you had the veryfast preset selected for the x264 encoder. The next fastest setting is superfast.