Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

Ok PastorDougC....

Attached is your requested option to not Home lyrics when returning to a scene without a lyric change. This is the default behavior and a checkbox in the Source Properties causes it to home lyrics anytime it returns to the scene. So it can be a different action for different lyrics. Maybe Songs start at the top each time, but scripture continues where it left off. :)

All the other changes are there now too. Here are my comments within the source code since you are a programmer type.

-- Source updates by W. Zaggle (DCSTRATO) 2/16/21
-- Removed obs_frontend_get_current_preview_scene() in show callback (crashes OBS)
-- Removed obs_frontend_get_current_scene() in show callback (crashes OBS)
-- Added code to honor current opacity level of Text, Text Outline, and Text Background during fade in/out
-- Added option to NOT fade background color with text
-- Removed auto HOME when using the source object to prepare Lyric and returning to scene without a lyric change
-- Added option to Home lyric when return to scene without a lyric change
-- Added code to instantly show/hide lyrics ignoring fade option (Should fade be optional?)

A lot of differences so any and all testing of this version would be appreciated.

DC

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 32

DCStrato

Not sure the fade options for honoring opacities is going to work the way I thought. Sorry. I will back that code out and just leave the options you were wanting for home and title set. I need to go back a few squares and see if I can learn more about how OBS likes things to happen.

DCStrato

This is a Next Release Candidate version. Any testing feedback would be appreciated. DC.

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 37
This is a Next Release Candidate version. Any testing feedback would be appreciated. DC.
Bad news ... with this release my system reverted back to not loading the lyrics when I picked a scene. I made sure to create a new Load source, a new Lyric, set up new hot keys, went into the script and picked Lyric as the text source and did everything the way I had before, but I would get the box the lyrics should be displayed, but nothing I tried worked. When I went back to the Test 3 lyric and reset all the above items, it worked again. I tried the new one again making sure I didn't miss anything, but no lyric text on the display. So, I'm back to Test 3, which doesn't give me the option I saw about resetting or not, and everything works again.

DCStrato

Bad news ... with this release my system reverted back to not loading the lyrics when I picked a scene. I made sure to create a new Load source, a new Lyric, set up new hot keys, went into the script and picked Lyric as the text source and did everything the way I had before, but I would get the box the lyrics should be displayed, but nothing I tried worked. When I went back to the Test 3 lyric and reset all the above items, it worked again. I tried the new one again making sure I didn't miss anything, but no lyric text on the display. So, I'm back to Test 3, which doesn't give me the option I saw about resetting or not, and everything works again.
Humm, I used this version for Ash Wed service we created from scratch. I also setup our service for this Sunday with no issues. I am curious for sure. Here are some questions so I can try to duplicate the issue here. 1. Are you using fading? Is that value bigger than 5? I noticed a slow fade of 1 looks like it is not loading and plan to correct that default. Does reset lyric make a difference? I just repeated your exact steps and it all works. We must be doing something different somewhere. Thank YOU for your help. It is the only cost to free software and greatly appreciated. I just remembered I didn't try it in Non-Studio mode which is your preferred profile. I will try it in non-studio mode, and if you will switch with me and try it in studio mode that would be awesome!

DC

Last edited:

DCStrato

Let's just be double sure we are using the same version. Sorry for not doing a better job of version control here.

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 29

DCStrato

Found it! Fade speed matters even if not selected for the first time lyric. Seems to not matter after that. It's apparently an initialization issue. I will fix that tomorrow. For now just run the fade speed up to beyond 5 and it should work.

DCStrato

This should do it. You do have to go out of the scene and back into the scene to activate the source create and see the lyrics! OBS has a bug that the source create/show function does not get called when the source is first added to a scene. Several of their other functions suffer from this same problem, so I am not sure why they haven't fixed it yet. Didn't change the default fade speed yet so if you use that be sure to set it fast enough to see it. THANK YOU for helping me test this code. Amirchiv is also testing and there should be a new release pretty soon. I will try to work on a tutorial video as using this is a bit more complex in its new advanced formats.

Attachments

• lyrics.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 31
This should do it. You do have to go out of the scene and back into the scene to activate the source create and see the lyrics! OBS has a bug that the source create/show function does not get called when the source is first added to a scene. Several of their other functions suffer from this same problem, so I am not sure why they haven't fixed it yet. Didn't change the default fade speed yet so if you use that be sure to set it fast enough to see it. THANK YOU for helping me test this code. Amirchiv is also testing and there should be a new release pretty soon. I will try to work on a tutorial video as using this is a bit more complex in its new advanced formats.
Thanks again for all your work. For tomorrow, I will just leave it at its current state with the Test3 release, but on Monday I'll give the new release a run through. I have never changed the fade, so the default is still there. I will play with that as well.

Understood. I hate changing things too close to Sunday and prefer to try new things on Monday. :)
Sunday worked perfectly with the LyricsTest3 script, so I tried today to use the new lyric you sent me. It works! I did discover a few things in the way I create the text to be pasted into the lyric script. I am using Word with line numbering turned on so I can make sure each verse of the Scripture or certain song lyrics begin at the right place within my two-line limit. I then set the right margin at 3.75" so the text doesn't bleed off the screen in OBS. What I discovered is that I must end each line with a hard return and not let word wrap determine my lines. Otherwise, the text size goes crazy in OBS. I also need to make sure there is not a blank line at the bottom of the script or the size goes crazy again. I just use the ##P whenever I need and it all looks great.
The feature to not reset a lyric automatically works perfectly. I moved a few verses into one scene, then jumped to another scene, then back and it was right where I left it. I know I can't pay you for all the time you have in this, but I sure do appreciate the hours you have spent with this script. Right now, I can't think of another feature I need, but no promises!

DCStrato

Sunday worked perfectly with the LyricsTest3 script, so I tried today to use the new lyric you sent me. It works! I did discover a few things in the way I create the text to be pasted into the lyric script. I am using Word with line numbering turned on so I can make sure each verse of the Scripture or certain song lyrics begin at the right place within my two-line limit. I then set the right margin at 3.75" so the text doesn't bleed off the screen in OBS. What I discovered is that I must end each line with a hard return and not let word wrap determine my lines. Otherwise, the text size goes crazy in OBS. I also need to make sure there is not a blank line at the bottom of the script or the size goes crazy again. I just use the ##P whenever I need and it all looks great.
The feature to not reset a lyric automatically works perfectly. I moved a few verses into one scene, then jumped to another scene, then back and it was right where I left it. I know I can't pay you for all the time you have in this, but I sure do appreciate the hours you have spent with this script. Right now, I can't think of another feature I need, but no promises!
Yes, hard returns are required. ##B works the same now as ##P. My tech guys wanted to remember the blank line with a "B". I retired early in life most blessed and enjoy paying back my time. The more I give the more I get. PROVERBS 11:24–25

Rob M

Hi

When using the script (which I love) I would like to use two different colours. One to signify the leaders text and a second for congregation response. Is this possible please

Thanks

amirchev

Hi

When using the script (which I love) I would like to use two different colours. One to signify the leaders text and a second for congregation response. Is this possible please

Thanks
At this time, it's not supported, but you can try using multiple versions of this script, with one displaying the leaders text and the other displaying the response, connecting each script to a different text source, and formatting that source with the colors and font that you choose.

DCStrato

At this time, it's not supported, but you can try using multiple versions of this script, with one displaying the leaders text and the other displaying the response, connecting each script to a different text source, and formatting that source with the colors and font that you choose.
Rob M.

Here is a version you can try if you want.
1. Create an Alternate Text source in the scene and format it differently.
2. Select this Alternate Source in the Script the same as Text Source and Title Source
3. Mark your Lyrics with #A[ and #A] for the text you want to be loaded to this alternate text source.

Example:
#L:1
#A[
Leader: God be with you
#A]
People: And also with You

Note: Text inside #A[ and #A] is treated as its own lyric text. So you need to manage the number of lines selected by adding blank lines ##B or using #L: markups where they might be different between the two independent Text Sources. For example:

#A[
Leader: Single Line Lead #1
#A]
#L:2
Response: Line one of Response 1
Line two of Response 1
#A[
Leader: Single Line Lead #2
#A]
Response: Line one of Response 2
Line two of Response 2

I did some pretty good testing on this script, but it might still have issues. You asked for the feature so you get to help test! :) I am working on setting the #L: automatically inside of #R[ and #A[ constructs in the next update. All feedback appreciated.
DC Strato

Attachments

• lyrics-AtlTest.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 27

Rob M

Rob M.

Here is a version you can try if you want.
1. Create an Alternate Text source in the scene and format it differently.
2. Select this Alternate Source in the Script the same as Text Source and Title Source
3. Mark your Lyrics with #A[ and #A] for the text you want to be loaded to this alternate text source.

Example:
#A[
Leader: God be with you
#A]
People: And also with You

Note: Text inside #A[ and #A] is treated as its own lyric text. So you need to manage the number of lines selected by adding blank lines ##B or using #L: markups where they might be different between the two independent Text Sources. For example:

#A[
Leader: Single Line Lead #1
#A]
Response: Line one of Response 1
Line two of Response 1
#A[
Leader: Single Line Lead #2
#A]
Response: Line one of Response 2
Line two of Response 2

I did some pretty good testing on this script, but it might still have issues. You asked for the feature so you get to help test! :) I am working on setting the #L: automatically inside of #R[ and #A[ constructs in the next update. All feedback appreciated.
DC Strato
Many thanks.. Will give it a go and report back

Rob M

Hi DC
Tried it today, but I guess I am doing something wrong.
I created the alternate text source in my scene, but that displayed the "Song Title"
I was unable to make the main text appear in the correct box

I attach two screen captures so you can see what I had set up and where I have gone wrong.

Otherwise it looks good

Attachments

• obs screen.PNG
    obs screen.PNG
    123.3 KB · Views: 42
  • script.PNG
    script.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 40

DCStrato

I only see one text object?
1. Create a text object named Text1 and another named Text2
2. Format Text1 Red and formate Text2 White
3. In the script there are THREE text objects.
a. Source (The text object where lyrics typically get loaded)
b. Alternate Source (Where text between #A[ and #A] goes)
c. Title Source (Where the title of the lyric gets loaded)

DualSource.png