Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

DCStrato

I switched to the Test3 and at first I couldn't get anything to work again, but I did find one song that began to work, so I did the copy/paste reference again with the other two songs and everything is fine now. Next project is to be able to do this same thing with our Scripture text for the week.
Are you interested in using the script I wrote in Python for paging scripture? You have to install Python 3.6 on your computer locally https://youtu.be/i-MuSAwgwCU. Then you have to install the Beautiful Soup library. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/beautifulsoup-installation-python/
scripture.png

Attachments

• scripture.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 38

DCStrato

Sorry, no readme. Does the script come up similar to how Lyrics works? It installs in the same directory and is selected in OBS the same way. If so then you should be able to choose a bible, a book, a starting and ending verse, a text object to change (like with lyrics) and click load. It should load and show you the text in the lower windows. You can change the desired width and number of lines to show at one time (page). You can also assign hot keys for previous/next and reset or home. (it is designed to work using the same keys as Lyrics if you want).

Sorry, no readme. Does the script come up similar to how Lyrics works? It installs in the same directory and is selected in OBS the same way. If so then you should be able to choose a bible, a book, a starting and ending verse, a text object to change (like with lyrics) and click load. It should load and show you the text in the lower windows. You can change the desired width and number of lines to show at one time (page). You can also assign hot keys for previous/next and reset or home. (it is designed to work using the same keys as Lyrics if you want).
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

DCStrato

Is there a way in the Lyrics script to have the text centered in the box as it is displayed instead of left aligned?
It will keep whatever formatting your text object has applied. If the text object is set to center text then the text will always be centered even if Lyrics changes that text. I suggest you also play around with the text Transformation properties and find the scale to bounds that works for you. Otherwise different text lengths can cause the size to also change.

It will keep whatever formatting your text object has applied. If the text object is set to center text then the text will always be centered even if Lyrics changes that text. I suggest you also play around with the text Transformation properties and find the scale to bounds that works for you. Otherwise different text lengths can cause the size to also change.
I'm sure if I'm missing something or it's just not working for me, or I haven't been clear on what I'm looking for. I've attached a snip of my current setup and the words. I have the Alignment in Bounding Box to Bottom Center, but the second line of the text "Look up child" is clearly not centered. Thoughts?
Not Centered.PNG

amirchev

It crashed every time I had a Text source and a Load source and would click back and forth between them in the Sources box. The screen would go gray and that was it. Is there a place I an download and install the latest version of the script. Maybe that would fix things.
This page has all of the releases: https://github.com/amirchev/OBS-Lyrics/releases

Another attempt. I added the text box. Set it to center and added the word "Replace", hoping the words to It is Well would replace that text. Now, when I pick that Scene, I just see the word "Replace". I even put the Load command at the top before the text box with the camera at the bottom, hoping that it would load, then put it in the text box. All that didn't work. I Just see "Replace".
For this attempt, did you go to the script and select the new text source you will use?

We test before every release, but bugs can happen depending on OS and in some special use cases.

I'm sorry for all of the hassle. There is a lot of troubleshooting we can do, but it will be time consuming. If you'd like, I can connect with you via TeamViewer. Send me a private message if you'd like to do that. Otherwise, please make sure you are using the newest version of OBS and the newest version of the script. If not, we can continue on the forum, please upload a screenshot with all of the script settings and the scene that you are trying to use it in.

Last edited:

DCStrato

PastorDoug, I was able to recreate the crash by switching in and out of a scene with a load source repeatedly. I was unable to crash the attached version of the script and is the code I will be streaming with later today. This has been a tough bug to track down. Still a lot to learn about all the inner workings of OBS.

DCStrato

Attachments

• lyrics2-14.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 31
Today was my first church service running the script. Everything worked perfectly! It looked good when I looked back at the livestream and recording. Thank you both for all your work getting this working for me.

I don't know if I'm asking for the moon now, but here goes. I know I asked before about making sure when I select a scene that the lyric go back to the beginning and that is what it does. But now, I can see the value of it not doing that. Sunday, during the application part of a passage, it would have been nice to select my Prayer script, which plays a 10 second banner video which displays our prayer email address then fades out, and then be able to go back to my Scripture scene and have the lyric pick up in the text the pastor left off with instead of starting at the beginning. I can always start over by tapping the Reset hotkey. Thoughts?

DCStrato

I didn't work with it much, since the other script works as well doing the Scripture as it does with the songs.
Yes, I tried using lyrics for scripture but had to copy and paste then format (wrap) text correctly and it was taking a lot of time. I would love the feedback if you get a chance to try to use it. Thanks.

DCStrato

I don't know if I'm asking for the moon now, but here goes. I know I asked before about making sure when I select a scene that the lyric go back to the beginning and that is what it does. But now, I can see the value of it not doing that. Sunday, during the application part of a passage, it would have been nice to select my Prayer script, which plays a 10 second banner video which displays our prayer email address then fades out, and then be able to go back to my Scripture scene and have the lyric pick up in the text the pastor left off with instead of starting at the beginning. I can always start over by tapping the Reset hotkey. Thoughts?
I have done just that, but currently don't use the Lyrics Script for scripture. I do use the same hot keys for paging as I didn't want to have to explain different page keys to the rest of the tech team. Both Lyrics and Scripture scripts only advance their text if the text is active in OBS so text won't advance in the background if you press the hot keys accidentally or use them with a different script. :) Lyrics is different because it has a source that loads each time with the scene that is homing the lyrics. I will look at adding a check box for Home Lyric on active scene. If the same lyric is already showing and this box is Unchecked, it will leave it where it left off. If checked, or a NEW lyric is being loaded it will Home the lyric when activated. Does this sound like what you are looking for? I am planning to add code to fade the background color, and also honor the current opacity settings for text, outline, and background and fade from that setting to zero and back rather than assume 100% opacity for text and outline as it does now. Fading the background color with the text will be optional. I am needing that for some fancy scene formatting I am doing next Sunday. While I am adding stuff I will look at adding your option to not home the lyric if not loading a new lyric. Scripture script also has the option to change the Title of the scripture that was loaded. So if you chose to load John 3:16 then it grabs that text from the internet and also changes a selected Title Text object to "John 3:16". I think someone asked for the ability to modify a Song Title text object with the name of the loaded song. So in addition to choosing a text object to modify with new Lyrics, you could choose another text object that would be loaded with the Song Title.

DC

Last edited:
I have done just that, but currently don't use the Lyrics Script for scripture. I do use the same hot keys for paging as I didn't want to have to explain different page keys to the rest of the tech team. Both Lyrics and Scripture scripts only advance their text if the text is active in OBS so text won't advance in the background if you press the hot keys accidentally or use them with a different script. :) Lyrics is different because it has a source that loads each time with the scene that is homing the lyrics. I will look at adding a check box for Home Lyric on active scene. If the same lyric is already showing and this box is Unchecked, it will leave it where it left off. If checked, or a NEW lyric is being loaded it will Home the lyric when activated. Does this sound like what you are looking for? I am planning to add code to fade the background color, and also honor the current opacity settings for text, outline, and background and fade from that setting to zero and back rather than assume 100% opacity for text and outline as it does now. Fading the background color with the text will be optional. I am needing that for some fancy scene formatting I am doing next Sunday. While I am adding stuff I will look at adding your option to not home the lyric if not loading a new lyric. Scripture script also has the option to change the Title of the scripture that was loaded. So if you chose to load John 3:16 then it grabs that text from the internet and also changes a selected Title Text object to "John 3:16". I think someone asked for the ability to modify a Song Title text object with the name of the loaded song. So in addition to choosing a text object to modify with new Lyrics, you could choose another text object that would be loaded with the Song Title.

DC
That would be wonderful. I teach an Introduction to Computer Programming class, but you are way past me.