Resource icon

OBS Lyrics 2.0.0

jgcastror

Any way to load several (+400) lyrics at once? Where do the lyrics get saved? Thanks for the script!
Songs folder in windows C:\Users\username\.config\.obs_lyrics , I tried to load some songs in the folder directly and I had some issues with some characters (in spanish), the only way to avoid that was to load song by song within the same script

amirchev

Songs folder in windows C:\Users\username\.config\.obs_lyrics , I tried to load some songs in the folder directly and I had some issues with some characters (in spanish), the only way to avoid that was to load song by song within the same script
You may be able to avoid those problems if you change the encoding to UTF for the .txt files. Maybe

DCStrato

I would edit them first and normalize the number of lines to display to a common denominator. You can pad blank lines with phantom lines using ##P for a blank line. Then you can add that number of lines to display to each song with #L: N as the first line in each file, where N is that chosen number of lines to display with each page for each song. I think editing them outside of OBS might be easier.

chris_prior

Hi
I am using obs on gentoo linux and have added the lyrics script. I have managed to get the prepare working and a text source set up with the text display showing. However, I cannot get the hotkey integration to work. I have checked hotkeys elsewhere in obs and they work there. Any thoughts? Obs version 25.0.8

DCStrato

I know the hot keys only work now if the text source is actually showing somewhere to prevent advancing the lyrics or changing them when not displayed. I don't have a gentoo linux to test with.

DCS

chris_prior

DCStrato - thanks for your response. I have now resolved the issue. I renamed the text box and then renamed it back again and the link suddenly worked. Great feature now its working properly.
Chris

DCStrato

DCStrato - thanks for your response. I have now resolved the issue. I renamed the text box and then renamed it back again and the link suddenly worked. Great feature now its working properly.
Chris
Good News! I also needed to add that code to the hot-keys so I could use the same paging hot-keys for my Python Script that automatically downloads, formats, and pages through scripture. I didn't want advancing one to advance the other in the background.

I am trying to get this feature to work, "To display a specific song when a scene is activated, add a "Source" to the scene by clicking the + sign in the scene, adding a "Prepare Lyric" source, and selecting the song to open." I think I did it correctly, but it doesn't work. For example: I have a Scene called "It is Well", with my sources as my PTZ camera and both the "Load lyrics for..." and the text box for the lyric. When I click on that scene nothing is displayed. My desire is to pick which song (Scene) I want in whatever order and the correct song lyrics display. What am I doing wrong?

Just to add the latest (see post above) ... now, when I click the Scene "It is Well" (with both the Load and the text as sources, I just get the word "Replace" displayed, which is what I put in the original text box. Lastly, If I click around too much on the sources, OBS crashes.

amirchev

I am trying to get this feature to work, "To display a specific song when a scene is activated, add a "Source" to the scene by clicking the + sign in the scene, adding a "Prepare Lyric" source, and selecting the song to open." I think I did it correctly, but it doesn't work. For example: I have a Scene called "It is Well", with my sources as my PTZ camera and both the "Load lyrics for..." and the text box for the lyric. When I click on that scene nothing is displayed. My desire is to pick which song (Scene) I want in whatever order and the correct song lyrics display. What am I doing wrong?
Hello Pastor Doug,
Have you been successful in using this script prior to using the Source? Make sure you have a Text source selected that will display your lyrics, try using the script without the Prepare Lyric source.

Hello Pastor Doug,
Have you been successful in using this script prior to using the Source? Make sure you have a Text source selected that will display your lyrics, try using the script without the Prepare Lyric source.
Yes, the script will run without the load, but I'm limited to the order of songs I've prepared. I was hoping for the ability to select a scene per song, that would automatically run only that song.

DCStrato

Yes, the script will run without the load, but I'm limited to the order of songs I've prepared. I was hoping for the ability to select a scene per song, that would automatically run only that song.
Hey Pastor Doug,
We are also singing "It is well" this Sunday. Try unchecking that box in the source that says Change Lyrics in Preview Mode or switch to Studio Mode. I will fix it so that it works either way if NOT in Studio mode in the next update.
DC

Hey Pastor Doug,
We are also singing "It is well" this Sunday. Try unchecking that box in the source that says Change Lyrics in Preview Mode or switch to Studio Mode. I will fix it so that it works either way if NOT in Studio mode in the next update.
DC
I tried the Load again with that setting off and it still doesn't work the way I thought it would. I guess I'll just have to make it work the way it is.

DCStrato

Hey Pastor Doug,
DC
I did some testing w
I tried the Load again with that setting off and it still doesn't work the way I thought it would. I guess I'll just have to make it work the way it is.
I tried it with check and without checkbox, studio mode on and off and it works great. Are you using FADE? Be sure it is fast enough to actually see. Setting 6 for fade speed is typical.

DCStrato

The way it works for us is this: When that scene loads in preview, we see the camera move to the preset, and the lyrics load and display the first verse for that song. We use the keypad + and - keys to page through lyrics. When the next song scene loads the source in that scene loads the lyrics for that song. This way we do not have to pre-prepare lyrics as they load on demand with the scene.
DC

DCStrato

Amirchev: Are you able to duplicate this issue? I cannot break it in my environment but would love to figure out why it is not working for PastorDoug. I pushed an update to the DCSTRATO branch in GIT with a change that might help. It also includes the new markups with #D:n text to duplicate text n times, #B:n or #Pn to add n blank lines, ##B or ##P to add a single blank line, #R[ and #R] to bracket and mark lines of a refrain, and ##R to repeat the marked refrain without having to type in the lines again.

The way it works for us is this: When that scene loads in preview, we see the camera move to the preset, and the lyrics load and display the first verse for that song. We use the keypad + and - keys to page through lyrics. When the next song scene loads the source in that scene loads the lyrics for that song. This way we do not have to pre-prepare lyrics as they load on demand with the scene.
DC
So, here is what I'm doing. I have a scene called Normal with just the PTZ camera feed. I have a Scene called Prayer, which drops in a motion banner for 10 seconds and then fades out. All that works. I went into the Script and cleared all prepared songs. To set up a song, I duplicated my Normal scene and called it It is Well. I then added the Load Source and picked the correct song. It allowed me to pick it from the list. We don't normally use Studio mode, so I unchecked the Preview box. When I now select that scene, nothing happens on the screen. I still see the camera view, but no text. What am I doing wrong? By the way, I so appreciate both of you helping me with this. Our online following has grown significantly in the last few weeks and as everyone, we're trying to give them the best experience we can.
Also, if I use the Load Source, do I still need the text box source?

Amirchev: Are you able to duplicate this issue? I cannot break it in my environment but would love to figure out why it is not working for PastorDoug. I pushed an update to the DCSTRATO branch in GIT with a change that might help. It also includes the new markups with #D:n text to duplicate text n times, #B:n or #Pn to add n blank lines, ##B or ##P to add a single blank line, #R[ and #R] to bracket and mark lines of a refrain, and ##R to repeat the marked refrain without having to type in the lines again.
It crashed every time I had a Text source and a Load source and would click back and forth between them in the Sources box. The screen would go gray and that was it. Is there a place I an download and install the latest version of the script. Maybe that would fix things.

Another attempt. I added the text box. Set it to center and added the word "Replace", hoping the words to It is Well would replace that text. Now, when I pick that Scene, I just see the word "Replace". I even put the Load command at the top before the text box with the camera at the bottom, hoping that it would load, then put it in the text box. All that didn't work. I Just see "Replace".