OBS Link for Elgato HD60 S not showing up on OBS when Link is active - HELP!

Sw.ord

Hi there! I've had an Elgato HD 60S for quite a while now and it works perfectly fine on my PC to capture video or stream my Nintendo Switch, but I bought a 2020 MacBook Pro 13" (running Big Sur) for school recently and I've been trying to get the capture card to work on it. I've downloaded OBS Link as well as the NDI Plugin for OBS and NDI runtime and OBS Link recognizes the capture card. The capture card also functions fine in Elgato's Game Capture software. However, OBS only recognizes OBS Link when the OBS Link is set to disabled rather than the HD 60S - the instant I change set OBS Link to the capture card, OBS loses sight of the software in the "Source Name" drop down. I've also tried doing that in the reverse order. I've tried restarting my computer and both programs, uninstalling and redownloading everything, and searching the internet for any solution and I've come up with nothing. If anyone has any solutions, please help - I'm desperate.

EDIT1: Extra info - to connect the Elgato to my computer I've tried Apple's USB C to USB C cable that comes with the laptop as well as the USB C to USB A cable that comes with the Elgato then run into Apple's USB A to USB C adapter.